AutoDesSys

Spam emails

AsOne

i got them too as well. also, look the forums now, full of spam threads. i just wonder - i am active on many forums around - but such massive issues never happened in any of them, ever. maybe time for your web master to implement some better protection against hackers and bots?

Just an out-of-the-box idea here...  Is it too difficult for the "new forum member" to go through a probationary test period of someone reading through the first 3 posts which that new member posts? Let Tech approve each of the first 3 posts before posting the post.   If the posts are rational and on topic, then, let the new member post directly. (I doubt a bot can do this, because such tech is simply too expensive for the spammer).

I assume all members are now required to sign in via typing or copy-pasting login info, for each new day. No? (I currently have to do this).  A measure which has not stopped spam on the forum.  If this particular measure is redacted, it will ease up logging in which may reintroduce the trust we all have had...

ps-   Allow me to add that my post above was not noted on the forum page for some days... (I didn't take the time needed to look for the right passwords, in order  to sign in again, until today).  Besides...

Initially there was a message that my posting privilege was denied... I lost the screen shot for this odd message. It said the problem was with my server, but my internet use seemed OK on that day, except ... Later my post was in place, but the listing of my post, on the forum page, did not show up until later.

(???)

Check that,  I don't get spam emails addressed to me, but the forums that I follow,  yes, I get the spam threads that are created.

There should be a requirement of putting in the fZ Serial number (or separate code given)  when signing up for the forums.    This would kill much of this.

Archived