AutoDesSys

New Update 9.2.2

Jaakko

It’s like this . . . when you model and turn everything up to 9.2.3, I have a little more . . . and turn up my software to 9.2.4.  So mine is louder.

It’s obvious . . . why you would need an explanation.  After all it’s a gift bestowed upon us from the Almighty Z.  Only a peasant modeler would ask . . . those who question are unworthy.

Edited by Gumby_Doyen

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem in W10, but while grabbing it and dragging it fixes it temporarily, it doesn't create a stable workspace after you close FormZ.  It will still revert to this clipped panel.  The only way I have found to keep it from doing that is to use the slider under the Tool Palette Settings.  Access by right clicking on the Tool bar, then go to Settings.

image.png.8650d17de78ec6fffb8822478a1245f5.png

Use the slider to change the size of the Icons of the Tool bar:

image.png.adcdac9a500cf2c023df31768303cd1c.png

Hit OK and you should now have a fixed Tool bar size that won't get clipped.  I save this as my stable workspace and then turn OFF 'Save Between Sessions' in the workspace manager so my workspace doesn't get messed up when FormZ crashes.

image.png.d9743ad5d874449dfe1f9ef3d396fd16.png

On 4/1/2023 at 9:01 PM, ZTEK said:

There's is a new update 9.2.4.0.

it seems emulating opengl way faster on my M1 macbook pro. actually even complex scenes seem to be working quite OK now as for speed. unfortunately, i'm still getting an issue with workspaces not being restored properly when starting FZ. dual screen here. i need always select the "reset workspace" menu, hit OK, then it will reload the workspace properly. if you don't the second screen is simply ignored. this has been a bug in the previous version as well. anyone else experiencing this?

5 hours ago, 3dworks said:

it seems emulating opengl way faster on my M1 macbook pro. actually even complex scenes seem to be working quite OK now as for speed. unfortunately, i'm still getting an issue with workspaces not being restored properly when starting FZ. dual screen here. i need always select the "reset workspace" menu, hit OK, then it will reload the workspace properly. if you don't the second screen is simply ignored. this has been a bug in the previous version as well. anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I am as well when I have FormZ set to have palettes on more than one screen.  My problem is I mostly only use my main screen for FormZ, but occasionally I'll be working deep in complex changes and I'll leave more palettes open on one of my other screens. Doing so works fine during use but later after closing those palettes, they seem to sometimes go missing, unable to restore without restarting FormZ.  

The same thing happens with the favorite tools toolbar for me.  I have it set to Ctrl+Space as I've used spacebar for Pick sct for long before the favorite tools was implemented.  Anyway, if I try to use favorite tools toolbar when my cursor is on the right 1/4 side of the screen, it will not work.  

I find these mostly gui nuisances and have reported them as bugs.  They don't stop me from working in FormZ, but rather just a bit annoying.  Hopefully we will have an updated interface in V10 that addresses these sort of things.