AutoDesSys

Continued FormZ & Maxwell development for V9

Gary

Their forum registrations are closed.  Contacting the webmaster to see if they will let me in to show my support.

I'd gladly add support!  As a past Maxwell user, it is a great option, but was just too slow in it's previous versions for our rapid paced industry.  Competition with VRay is good for everyone, and anything that could nurture and support a larger FormZ user base is a good idea!

6 hours ago, Justin Montoya said:

Their forum registrations are closed.  Contacting the webmaster to see if they will let me in to show my support.

I'd gladly add support!  As a past Maxwell user, it is a great option, but was just too slow in it's previous versions for our rapid paced industry.  Competition with VRay is good for everyone, and anything that could nurture and support a larger FormZ user base is a good idea!

The new version Maxwell 5 now supports conversion of V-Ray scene files and has cloud based CPU rendering available per instance. But this is the GPU enhancement Maxwell users have been awaiting plus much more, but GPU's are nvidia Cuda based cards which now excludes ALL new Macs ( Post MacOSX 12>) and that is an Apple decision.

Rob

Next Limit recently sent me an e-mail that was the same as an earlier promo for the Maxwell Render pre-order. The only difference was the info on Form Z included

still unconfirmed.

I don't know how Next Limit has been doing its market research and maintaining its user database. But how can they expect us users to respond to this in a short time before the official release? 

Edited by BernieB

Maxwell 5: two days left!

Yes, that is right: MAXWELL 5 IS AROUND THE CORNER!

Haven't you purchased your pre-order yet? 

There are only two days left until this promo ends!

Go and pre-order now your Maxwell 5 license before the offer ends!

PRE-ORDER
AVAILABLE PLUGINS FOR PRE-ORDER:
Maxwell Studio
Maxwell | Rhino
Maxwell | 3ds Max
Maxwell | SketchUp
Maxwell | Maya

COMING SOON PLUGINS FOR PRE-ORDER:
Maxwell | Cinema 4D
Maxwell | Revit
Maxwell | Archicad

NO LONGER SUPPORTED PLUGINS:
Maxwell | Solidworks
Maxwell | Modo

*Form Z's development is still unconfirmed and under revision.

hi bernie, just got this answer from nextlimit:

Hello Thorsten,

We still don't have a clear decision about Form Z.

However, if in the end we decide to keep supporting and developing this plugin, we will make an offer for our Form Z users so they can take advantage of this pre-order promo too.

I hope that my answer clarifies your question.

Kind regards

Come on guys we need your help to get NextLimit to respond and develop (co-develop) the future Maxwell 5 plugin for formZ9 at this stage on the Maxwell forum there are only '15' requests - that will have to be more than '100' to get any effect. and change their thinking. There must be more than 15 people using Maxwell or who want it...

If your not already on the Maxwell forum - 'Join' https://forum.maxwellrender.com/index.php and add your support

Maxwell 5 is huge advancement now incorporating the latest nVidia GPU acceleration for 'Fire' - rendering - additive materials and converts V-Ray scene files with more still to come - make it happen as well for formZ

Rob

I just got this answer from Next Limit:

Dear Kristoffer,

We are contacting you because we have finally made a decision about the formZ plugin development.

GOOD NEWS: WE WILL CONTINUE SUPPORTING AND DEVELOPING formZ FOR MAXWELL 5!!

We estimate a month to release Maxwell 5 for formZ 8, and then they launch formZ 9, we will start developing this plugin for Maxwell 5 too!!

Thank you for your patience, understanding and trust.

Kind regards, 

Hello,

We just received this message from Next Limit:

Dear Patrick,

We are contacting you because we have finally made a decision about the formZ plugin development.

GOOD NEWS: WE WILL CONTINUE SUPPORTING AND DEVELOPING formZ FOR MAXWELL 5!!

We estimate a month to release Maxwell 5 for formZ 8, and then they launch formZ 9, we will start developing this plugin for Maxwell 5 too!!

Thank you for your patience, understanding and trust.

Kind regards, 
"

we have now to be patient and cross fingers!

Hello cornerofthemoon (what a name!)

NL announce a new very fast GPU render engine, depending how many GPU you have... must be check.

Don't forget that you can launch multiple renderings at the same time (not V-ray)... during night time: they will be all finished when you will come back in the morning.

• 3 months later...

OK I just went to my 'purchased / assigned ' page in my NextLimit and find that there is no plug in (yet) for Formz9.

As I use Maxwell for rendering mostly everything I guess I might as well carry on with FormZ 8 and Maxwell 3 until

the plug in is available.