AutoDesSys

Continued FormZ & Maxwell development for V9

Gary

Thanks Smarttec,

I just got the upgrade pre-order email. After I log in to the portal the only options are Maxwell 5 for 3DS Max, Rhinoceros, Sketchup and Studio.

If this is all they are offering regarding plugins, then I am extremely disappointed. I really hope the limited amount of plugin versions shown is because it's still early days.

I'm writing an email to them now so come on guys, we need to get together to pressure them for a FormZ plugin!

I realise that NextLimit outsourced the FormZ plugin (Pylon) but we need Maxwell for FormZ. Lets do this..

Des

We have just received the pre-order form to update to Maxwell 5. But, unfortunately, when we connect us to our account, there is no FormZ option to do it😟

We wrote to Next Limit, and their answer is:

" " Hello Patrick,

Thank you very much for contacting us.

We are now evaluating the development of a new Form Z plugin for Maxwell 5 depending on the demand we have for it.

Kind regards
"

So, everyone is concerning to have a FormZ plugin development by Next Limit, must send a message to them!

Hi All,

In case I was not clear before: the decision to not support a formZ plugin for Maxwell 5 was made solely by Next Limit- not by me. I am troubled by this development as well. I have been an active part of this community for many years, and don't want any bad feelings headed my way.

mojo wrote: Hi Fernando,
does that also mean formZ support ? I have to know before i buy the upgrade!
best Regards, mojo

To tell the truth, the plugin for FormZ is the last on the list. We have to evaluate the demand and check if it's worth it. We'll try to keep it alive, but if it's not worthwhile, we could drop it. So, I cannot say "yes" nor "no" yet. I'll try to keep you informed.

Kind regards,
Fernando

i can't believe it 😪    please formZ, you have to create something similar to "vray for formZ" and take over the development of the plug-in, like "maxwell 5 for formZ".

I'm sure it would be worth...

I have reached out to Maxwell team to voice my support for ongoing Z plug-in development.

I also would like to float an idea and see what the community thinks:

I have been a Z Family Plan member for 20+ years and have never questioned its value. Awesome phone support when needed and upgrades included. I propose a Z-Maxwell family plan. I would be more than willing to pay additional dollars to my Family Plan if I knew they were going directly to maintaining support and compatibility with Maxwell.

Yes, a lot of details to resolve... but any interest? How many users would spend an additional $25 to $100 a year to ensure continued support?

Gary

3 hours ago, pylon said:

Hi All,

In case I was not clear before: the decision to not support a formZ plugin for Maxwell 5 was made solely by Next Limit- not by me. I am troubled by this development as well. I have been an active part of this community for many years, and don't want any bad feelings headed my way.

Hello Ben,

It is clear to me, and I hope to others, you played no part in this.

Gary

2 hours ago, Gary said:

I have reached out to Maxwell team to voice my support for ongoing Z plug-in development.

I also would like to float an idea and see what the community thinks:

I have been a Z Family Plan member for 20+ years and have never questioned its value. Awesome phone support when needed and upgrades included. I propose a Z-Maxwell family plan. I would be more than willing to pay additional dollars to my Family Plan if I knew they were going directly to maintaining support and compatibility with Maxwell.

Yes, a lot of details to resolve... but any interest? How many users would spend an additional $25 to $100 a year to ensure continued support?

Gary

I would. $100+, sure. It’s way better than not having to switch the modelling and/or renderer that I prefer and have years of experience with.

What is the approximate time/cost involved in updating and maintaining the plugin - does anyone know?

15 hours ago, Des said:

Thanks Smarttec,

I just got the upgrade pre-order email. After I log in to the portal the only options are Maxwell 5 for 3DS Max, Rhinoceros, Sketchup and Studio.

If this is all they are offering regarding plugins, then I am extremely disappointed. I really hope the limited amount of plugin versions shown is because it's still early days.

I'm writing an email to them now so come on guys, we need to get together to pressure them for a FormZ plugin!

I realise that NextLimit outsourced the FormZ plugin (Pylon) but we need Maxwell for FormZ. Lets do this..

Des

I have just requested this specific information in regard to formZ from Nextlimit for Maxwell 5 & formZ 9

4 hours ago, Imagix said:

I would. $100+, sure. It’s way better than not having to switch the modelling and/or renderer that I prefer and have years of experience with.

What is the approximate time/cost involved in updating and maintaining the plugin - does anyone know?

All I know is the Maxwell Render5 PRE Release offer is $276 (NL) or $316 (Floating) per individual license. What we are trying to determine is all the additional features ( still being released ) but we know that the announced features so far are big support for better GPU materials etc. Also waiting on confirmation of formZ plugin support. Soon as know I'll try and update. But plugins a separate development cost  which is generally funded by sales and has another cost, probably that plugin developer(?) gets a share of the sale. By the Maxwell has an Annual Support Plan too

I have used maxwell since inception but not once have I used it within fz....always through studio, which is far superior for scene setup

Hopefully we can at least still export an mxs using the the existing plugin ?

or the long route.... FZ 9 to FZ 8 to maxwell

Personally I don't hold out much hope for a new plugin

2 hours ago, pipo said:

I have used maxwell since inception but not once have I used it within fz....always through studio, which is far superior for scene setup

Hopefully we can at least still export an mxs using the the existing plugin ?

or the long route.... FZ 9 to FZ 8 to maxwell

Personally I don't hold out much hope for a new plugin

Yes, we all have our own workflows Pipo and I use Studio quite a lot myself, but most of the time I use it through the plugin.

I find manipulating the views, model etc. to be not as intuitive as being inside FormZ. But with saying that, at least it's a solution.

I asked a similar question about going from the V4 plugin to V5 studio on the Maxwell forum but no reply yet.

Rather than being defeatist I think we should push for a plugin whether through NextLimit or Autodessys as per Garys idea.

Des

I put all my hopes in this case on autodessys, because it should be in their very own and essential interest that there will be a plug-in with a multi-gpu software. The best modeling software is worth nothing if you can not generate a contemporary, photorealistic output from it. and relying only on vray would be very poor, any other software such as cinema4d, sketchup, rhino, 3dsmax, maya, .... has a lot more of plug-ins on offer. Furthermore, many would certainly not switch to the new formZ version, because they need a working maxwell plugin, which is possible today only with formZ v8 and maxwell v4.

19 hours ago, Imagix said:

Dont forget to drop NL a line on their forum, if you haven't already...

https://forum.maxwellrender.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=45454

The last email from NL (October 23.) says "*Form Z development is still under revision.", so there should be a good chance, if we let them know.

Yes, I noticed that myself so maybe........

The features so far are;

Multi-GPU

Additive Materials in GPU

Cloud

GPU Fire

V-Ray Converter

One more feature to go....

Come on guys we need your help to get NextLimit to respond and develop (co-develop) the future Maxwell 5 plugin for formZ9 at this stage on the Maxwell forum there are only '15' requests - that will have to be more than '100' to get any effect. and change their thinking. There must be more than 15 people using Maxwell or who want it...

If your not already on the Maxwell forum - 'Join' https://forum.maxwellrender.com/index.php and add your support

Maxwell 5 is huge advancement now incorporating the latest nVidia GPU acceleration for 'Fire' - rendering - additive materials and converts V-Ray scene files with more still to come - make it happen as well for formZ

Rob