AutoDesSys

install/run FZ 6.7.3 under OSX 10.10.x, any solution?

3dworks

i would like to use again FZ 6.7.3 for some tasks, but i am not able to get it to run. i have downloaded and installed successfully the latest wibu runtime drivers for OSX 10.10.x from their site and the diagnose software says that the dongle is connected properly. however, the installed FZ and also the installer both do apparently not see the dongle. macpro 5.1 here.

i did read somewhere on this forums that this version of FZ still can run on the latest OSX version, but it seems not to work here.

any (even unofficial)  tricks?

markus

It should run. I have it running in MacBook Pro. Tech support should have answer in AM. How about copying total FMZ 6.5 folder app from your computer onto MacBook Pro & see if that works rather then install.

that's actually what i did, i used a zipped installation folder which i already used to run FZ 6.x before upgrading to 10.9 and later to10.10. - maybe the preferences are lost. but sign that something is wrong is that also the installer cannot see the dongle...

i will try to de- and reinstall the wibu software tomorrow and see if that helps. or maybe FZ tech knows help.

cheers

markus

Recently I have installed FZ 6.7.3 from my installation CD in my MacBook Pro Retina 15" 10,1 with OS X Yosemite 10.10.4.

Initially I think I had the same problems as you describe, and to solve them I have installed a program from Wibu called CodeMeter, besides the last WibuKey, and Java (needed to run CodeMeter).

I had this problem last year, tried any available install i heard of or could find, then gave up, (to many other needs for tine)….

OSX10.9.5- Isn't the Java already sufficiently installed with this?

It is encouraging to hear that Yosemite might work for v6.

Macpro 2012  10.9.5    

(Maverick's Finder works differently than OSX 10.7.5)

Hi All,

If you have formZ 6.7, you can download the installer from here:

http://www.formz.com/support/downloads/download_previous.html

You also need to download and install the WIBU Runtime Kit from here:

http://www.wibu.com/en/downloads-user-software.html

Again, this is only supported on OS X 10.8 and earlier, but will work with 10.9 and 10.10.

If you have a version of formZ prior to v6.7, this will only install on OS X 10.6 and earlier.

Markus

I'm running 6.7.3 with no problems on 10.10.4 on latest iMacs and mapcro.

It won't run on a latest macbook pro on the same 10.10.4

......hopefully this hasn't changed with 10.10.5

I am compiling a list of 6.7.3 tasks that can't be completed with version v8

Perhaps we should make a thread for this ?

Hi Pipo,

Yes, if there are features in 6 that you are not able to do as well in 8, please post this to a separate thread, and we can either let you know how to do what you want, or add them to a suggestions list for the future.  ;)

6.7 runs fine on 10.10.4 here.  Mac Pro 2012

If I remember correctly, after you get the Wibu key running, you can just drag over a copy of your installation from a Time Machine back-up in the Applications folder.  Also, Apple implemented a new Security feature that restricts software installations.  You can override this in the System Preferences > Security & Privacy. 

Hope that helps!  

Archived