AutoDesSys

form•Z Fundamentals training series for form•Z v10

It's not that complicated. The default behavior is (or at least it used to be) that unless you've actually *deleted* an object (operand), the original *should* remain in the file in a ghosted state. (Disclaimer: As I've mentioned elsewhere, I just upgraded from an old version and things may have changed.)

On 5/29/2024 at 2:47 PM, Jim_G said:

It's not that complicated. The default behavior is (or at least it used to be) that unless you've actually *deleted* an object (operand), the original *should* remain in the file in a ghosted state. (Disclaimer: As I've mentioned elsewhere, I just upgraded from an old version and things may have changed.)

In the 4th group in the Edit pull-down menu, you will find "Ghost Operands", "Keep Operants" and "Delete Operands" options that control how the tool operands are handled. "Ghost Operands" is the default behavior. 

On 6/3/2024 at 4:35 PM, Tech said:

In the 4th group in the Edit pull-down menu, you will find "Ghost Operands", "Keep Operants" and "Delete Operands" options that control how the tool operands are handled. "Ghost Operands" is the default behavior. 

Whoops! Thanks for the clarification.

CJT. 

I find it easier to save a new file with all the destructive geometry for each section that I cut in architecture. In other words, I keep a separate main file with all of the section planes that I can recall at any time and create different files with the cut geometry to export to my 2D cad program, as I don't use FormZ for 2D production drawings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So does anyone know whats happening? .. More tutorials? .. Finished? .. What?

Over a month, and not a word.

I was sort of hoping Evan would be doing a series of example projects..(weekly). Would be extremely useful.... Don't you think?

Edited by Martin Malinski

On 8/8/2024 at 8:54 PM, Martin Malinski said:

Holidays? .. Missing the weekly updates.

Really good tutorials.

Hi Martin & all,
It certainly has been a while now (July 16th 2024) since AutoDesSys Tech posted their weekly fundamentals training series by Evan Troxel !
Not too sure what to think 🤔 but doubt AutoDesSys Tech have this long a summers break 🌞

Is something amiss I wonder 🙄
Time will tell 🤐

3 hours ago, bbuxton said:

I am certain Evan Troxel needs a vacation too. These tutorials are a kindness on top of his own busy schedule.

We are all looking forward to more fantastic videos soon!

Hi bbuxton,

Totally agree, I must have missed their user base polite message on that account, I guess they were quite exhausted & perhaps had to give their typing hands a rest too....I'm sure it would've read something like this though...😁

"AutoDesSys Tech & Evan Troxel are now on a months summer leave, will catch up with you all soon with more fundamental training series videos & more on our return...keep Form.Z-ing"

Just sort of interesting, as this page isn't up to date with the tutorials.. ''Subdivision Surface, Part 2'' was posted a month ago on youtube (I thought it 5-6 weeks ago, but youtube page doesn't state weeks, only nearest by month, or year.)..

Just hoping everything is OK, and the tutorials are to continue?... 

Edited by Martin Malinski