AutoDesSys

Latest Mac OS for FZ 6.73

setz

Thank you for the responses.  I am currently running 10.11 - El Capitan.

Is anyone running it successfully on any of the following:

10.12 - Sierra

10.13 - High Sierra

10.14 - Mojave

10.15 - Catalina

OS11 - Big Sur

I used it with High Sierra some years ago, 3 or 4 maybe, but nothing intensive, only to transfer some old files to version 8.x.

I remember that I had to search for the USB dongle drivers on the Wibu System website and install the last version for Mac, but in the end, everything worked well.

On 7/11/2021 at 1:33 PM, setz said:

Thank you for the responses.  I am currently running 10.11 - El Capitan.

Is anyone running it successfully on any of the following:

10.12 - Sierra

10.13 - High Sierra

10.14 - Mojave

10.15 - Catalina

OS11 - Big Sur

I think you may find a problem after Mojave - as everything after it is 64bit only and I think the WIBU installer was only 32bit - I personally have dumped my dongle and v6.7.3 years ago. All I know is the latest formZ is v9.1 or v9.2 beta for Vray 5

I agree with upgrading to v9...  Lots of improvements.  v9.2 has been great in my use so far.

HOWEVER, if you really, really, really need v6.7.3 on a newer more modern OS, then you could always run it virtually on top of the newest OS... Big Sir?  

Simply use Parallels or VMware Fusion and you can run your old OS and applications in a 'time capsule' forever: https://www.macworld.com/article/234861/how-to-set-up-a-mac-to-run-either-macos-mojave-or-macos-big-sur.html

Thank you all. I am modeling in a modern version of FZ and then  exporting hidden line out as dxf back to V6 for drawings.  While it is difficult and tedious to work this way it would be more difficult or impossible to create the drawings in the style I am accustomed to in V9’s Layout, particularly in editing and customizing dimensions.  I will check out parallels for the time capsule technique.