AutoDesSys

form•Z v9.1 with Twinmotion and Unreal support

Tech

We are pleased to announce that formZ 9.1 is now available for pro, jr, free and student editions. This version  includes support for macOS Big Sur (macOS 11) and machines that use Apple Silicon.

You can install using the download link in the email you previously received with your v9 license codes or choose "Check for Update" from the "Help" menu in form•Z (note that this method may not work if you have a proxy or firewall in use in your network). This version uses your existing v9 registration codes.

Note: If you have installed the 9.1 pre-release version, please now install the final release version.

Highlights of improvements in v9.1 can be found here: http://www.formz.com/fzsite1219/products/9.x_change_log.pdf

Epic Games Collaboration

We are excited to announce that we have collaborated with Epic Games to create direct translators from form•Z to Twinmotion and Unreal Engine. form•Z models are converted to match each real-time engine’s unique capabilities. These translators create an seamless representation of form•Z models giving you a unique dynamic way to visualize your 3D content in real-time with your clients and customers. 

This plugin is available now for form•Z v9.1.

•  

I've installed formZ 9.1 and the Datasmith plugin, but the export options are not showing up. It isn't showing in the Extensions Manager either. File search paths for plugins point to the correct location.

The Datasmith.fzp file is saved in formZ 9/Plugins/Datasmith for formZ. I've tried moving it to the formZ 9/formZ 9.1 Pro/Plugins, but no luck there either.

I always get an error when trying to install 2012 c++, (possibly because I have a newer version of this already installed), but the formZ application has always installed with no issues.

Precision 7740, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 1909, 64.0 GB RAM

Thanks,

Craig

formZ keeps a list of locations to search for plugins. The plugin is in the proper folder (formZ 9/Plugins/). You can check that this location is in your search paths. Go to Extensions > Extension Manager within form•Z, then click the Search Paths button, and you should see this path in the list. If not for some reason, click the '+' button on the left side. In the next window, locate the Applications/formZ 9/Plugins folder and click Open. Click OK in all of the following prompts until form•Z closes itself down. Upon the next launch of form•Z you should see the Datasmith options in your Export list.

If it still does not appear then it is likely a dependency issue with some Microsoft library. A newer version of the 2012 c++ should not cause a problem (as long as some version is installed). Have you installed Twinmotion or Unreal on this machine? The will force install libraries that Twinmotion or Unreal need which may solve the issue.

If not please contact us @ support@formz.com so we can open a ticket and investigate further.

Hello,

1 We installed FZ9.1 with datasmith plugin, but we have no more V-Ray.

Message is the following: unable to connect license server or all V-ray for FormZ licenses are in use

We still have in Windows/Program/FormZ9/FormZ9.0pro two drawers: Plugins and support.

When we open the license server, there is no license in use.

2 At the end of a session with FZ9.1, when we close, we receive the "Program exception access violation" window

Any ideas?

Captur.FZ 210214.JPG

Captur.FZ 210214-2.JPG

Just tried Twinmotion with FZ 9.1. No problems with the 9.1 upgrade. Very easy install of the FZ plug-ins for Twinmotion.

The exports are very quick and effortless however some texture maps do not come over accurately. Had a couple that did not export or exported as a different material and a couple that exported as glossy when that is not the case when rendered as smooth shaded or in V-Ray.  Install of Twinmotion and Unreal Engine required a few tries but after that it is a very short learning curve. Adding landscape is fantastic and adds much to the image quality. Wish their vegetation library was available in FZ.

Tried 2 different architectural models (.fmz) with detailed interiors and furniture one at 37Mb and one at 351 Mb

Kitchen Sink to Living Twinmotion.jpg

Kitchen Sink to Living V-ray.jpg

Imported one of my big models into Twin Motion this afternoon.  It took all of about 30 minutes to get up to speed and produce some stunning real time images with their landscaping painted in. Pretty cool technique which is similar to what I was doing before in Vue.  I can see how this could be a real benefit to some of my clients.  While I usually aim for true photorealistic images in my work this definitely has its place in my quiver of tools.  Now if only we could get Vray 5 we would really have something to rejoice about.  Here to hoping it happens sometime soon.  

I also tried the option to export to Twinmotion. It worked well and it's a cool thing.
However, for my workflow (for now) it is more of a gimmick that explores the possibilities of what is technically possible.

I would be much more served by the release of a simple and stable version of Vray.
It would be likewise useful for me to get a seamless connection to Keyshot.

But still: I take this plugin as a sign of life for FormZ.
If it is now possible to finally bring the UI up to the level of Blender, I can finally work happily again.
Thank you and many greetings from sunny Switzerland!

Edited by AHDD Designer
Translation