AutoDesSys

Maxwell 5 for formZ - In Progress!

Next Limit

We are happy to inform you that after considering your requests, we have decided that we will continue supporting and developing the form·Z plugin.

We estimate that Maxwell 5 for form·Z 8 will be released before the end of the year, and when AutoDesSys launches form·Z 9, we will start developing this plugin for Maxwell 5 too!!

Thank you for your patience, understanding and trust.

LEARN MORE
Now, Maxwell 5 is yours.
Now, the time is yours.

Be Maxwell 5's campaign image!

If you would like to be Maxwell 5's campaign image, send your Maxwell 5 render to: maxwelldesk@nextlimit.com

The contestants will be featured on our Social Media every week!

Finalists will be featured on Fridays and the winner will be the image of one of Maxwell 5's campaigns!

Don't miss this opportunity and send us your work now!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We update to FZ9 and try to add the Maxwell plugin weused for FZ8, but nothing appears.

For the moment, we keep FZ8 for rendering purpose until the Maxwell plugin will be updated... expect not a long a time...

18 minutes ago, pkcn said:

Hello,

We update to FZ9 and try to add the Maxwell plugin weused for FZ8, but nothing appears.

For the moment, we keep FZ8 for rendering purpose until the Maxwell plugin will be updated... expect not a long a time...

Yes, I think the MaxwellZ 5 plugin is being rewritten or updated for FormZ9 at the moment. As soon as this is done I'll be upgrading my Maxwell 4 licenses.

Like you, I'll be sticking to FormZ8.6.5 for paying projects although I have upgraded to FormZ9 for one of my licenses to play around with it.

It'd be nice to get some news on how it's progressing...

Des

Edited by Des

• 3 weeks later...

I asked because I have only problems with floating point license. With version 4 i had bought formz plugin and they gave the studio version as well. Now with version 5 only the plugin or the studio.
the problem with licenses is terrible, nearly all my support cases are going about it. Unfortunately never had a solution!!!

The node locked version license is always working for you?

and, I really be curious if users have problems with maxwell licenses as well. Hope to hear from all of you. 

I think from Next Limit's perspective, they say that the license is cheaper now that you can buy the plug-in license and Studio separately. I don't actually know whether this is true, since it is such a long time ago that I bought v3 with the plug-in and Studio together.

I agree it would be nice to have a special offer to upgrade to a combination of plug-in and Studio. I'm still on version 3, which works for now.

In general I find Next Limit's support disappointing. When I start a support case, I typically get a first reply pretty quickly but after that first reply it may hang indefinitely.

Some of my problems:

1. v3 refused to run freshly installed on my new MacBook. This was solved remotely after more than a week of emails back and forth. Turned out to be the result of a spelling mistake in a file name and the license file being misplaced in the directory structure which can't have been user error because it was a completely fresh install...
  2. I can't access the online materials library anymore with MXED v3. It used to be possible on previous machines. My support case seems to have been abandoned.
  3. Next Limit changes the URLs of their support database which means that links in blogs, tutorials and even on their own website tend to be broken. This is a real killer for community building.

// Tom

On 2/16/2020 at 2:42 AM, Hugo said:

I asked because I have only problems with floating point license. With version 4 i had bought formz plugin and they gave the studio version as well. Now with version 5 only the plugin or the studio.
the problem with licenses is terrible, nearly all my support cases are going about it. Unfortunately never had a solution!!!

The node locked version license is always working for you?

and, I really be curious if users have problems with maxwell licenses as well. Hope to hear from all of you. 

Yes since v4 was released there was a significant rationalisation of the plugins with some being dropped i.e.. Solidworks, Modo & Onshape it became too hard to manage the 3rd party developers and the products were separated; Maxwell 4 Studio is essentially a separate product. It was offered to v3 upgraders as a special -  order 2x plugins (same upgrade cost) but they were separate and that offer has now expired. So with Maxwell 5 you must order and pay for each license separately if you want to buy Maxwell 5 | formZ it is a product as is Maxwell 5 | Studio This is the same for most other renderers. They have improved the licensing and installation with Maxwell 5 as well as offering cloud rendering that can allow for much higher speed rendering as an option particularly with this Mac users excluded by Apple from using nVidia CUDA based high speed RTX2xxx GPU rendering. The results from Maxwell 5 are now outstanding and much better than v3 & 4