AutoDesSys

Transform Multiple object by object centroid

Bartjuan

I am sure I am missing something and I hope someone can set me straight.

I have several objects, all copies of the original, and I simply want to rotate each of them 90 deg.

not all based of one pivot point but each one rotated about its own centroid. Without having to do each one individually.

I though FZ6 had a transform by object ( centroid or origin or local axes) option but I can't find it in FZ 8. 

Thanks

Bart

+1. I don't know how this worked exactly (what small or big button you had to click to access it) because I don't have FZ6, but if reintroduced, make it easier/faster/more visible to access, maybe with a keyboard modifier tied to the option. And the same would go for a "Scale each" feature.

Hi guys, I agree that certain functionality should be restored, but in your example (apologies if I've misunderstood), can't you just select all the objects in question and type in the angle you want them rotated in the Z rotation box in "Tool Options - Info"?

I've tried creating an object (edited the axis to varying positions such as centre of gravity, average of points, centre of bounding volume and other random positions) and just changed the Z value. All seem to behave perfectly to what ever angle I choose.

Des

Archived