Hugo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

Kim,

I would go a step further. In the past I suggested ADS to share my experiance in 3D modeling, not using it the way 95% of the market does. ADS never reacted on my suggestion in my mail. Not interested???

Anyway, I am willing to come to the USA to meet users and discuss the future of FMZ with ADS. Lets say a small conference about FMZ.

.... What do you users and ADS think of that?

VANDENBOOMEN-ARCHITECTen...

MACOS 10.13.3 HIGH SIERRA | Form Z 8.6.0.2 | Vectorworks 2018 SP | AutoCad 2018 LT | Maxwell Render 4.2.0.x | Thea Render | Renderzone | Affinity Photo and Designer

Mac Pro late 2013 8-core 3.0Ghz 32Gb RAM, 2x FirePro D500 3GB | MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2014 i7 2.8Ghz 16Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2Gb+Intel Iris

Mac Pro mid 2010 12-core 3,46Ghz 96Gb RAM, SSD | Mac Mini mid 2010 2,4Ghz 2-core 16Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 320M 256MB | Cinema Display 27" 2560x1440 | LG 31" 4K 4096x2160

#42 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado, USA

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:13 AM

A FormZ conference would be interesting...

FormZ PRO v8.5.  2017 iMac 4.0 GHz quad core i7 24MB RAM and a 2015 Macbook Pro quad core i7 16MB RAM, Modern Architecture in Boulder and Denver Colorado www.ASONEarchitecture.com 

#43 Justin Montoya

Justin Montoya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

I agree... it could coincide with an Architecture conference or similar?

#44 kim

kim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

An interesting idea.  The logistics may be a problem as users are spread around the globe. Maybe ADS can hold I at their headquarters  :) thus keeping costs down.  If you do as suggested by Justin, hold it with an Architectural conference, you will attract mostly architects.  I think FZ is used more widely as it is such a powerful 3D modeler.

#45 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado, USA

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:22 PM

Typically one might want to hold a conference somewhere that is a vacation destination and has quality transportation:  LA, San Diego, Miami, New York, etc.  No offense Columbus!!!

Alignment with some other trade show or conference would be nice.  Which one is a good question.  

I will throw my hat in the ring to make a presentation on how to use FormZ effectively in architecture.  AIA holds an "Innovation" conference each year and of course they have their annual, more general national conference.

FormZ PRO v8.5.  2017 iMac 4.0 GHz quad core i7 24MB RAM and a 2015 Macbook Pro quad core i7 16MB RAM, Modern Architecture in Boulder and Denver Colorado www.ASONEarchitecture.com 

#46 Justin Montoya

Justin Montoya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

I agree.

What about SIGGRAPH?  https://s2018.siggraph.org/conference/

#47 AHDD Designer

AHDD Designer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationZurich / Switzerland

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:52 AM

Issues I discovered in FmZ 8.6.2 Build 10099 in MacOS 10.13.4 so far:

• The List of Undos just shows one entry. Never the less it is possible, to undo more than one step. But just on after the other.

• The Maxwell Fire Viewport (window) does not match the view of the FmZ Window or Camara (before that was better.)

• Working with single 2d lines is still a hassle: Sometimes it is possible to trim lines, that are not crossing on 2d plane (as intended). Sometimes they do not, and I have to extend them manually.

• Still I can not extend a single line to a surface. (This, and the topic above worked fine in Version 6.)

• The display of the points (in wireframe) slows down the speed dramatically. Sometimes the points are displayed in white (same color as my project background).

• Tool Manger is still faulty. E.g. a lot of Icons have the default PlugIn Icon. Extension Icons can not be placed in a collapsing palette an so on…

#48 Alan Cooper

Alan Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationBuckinghamshire, UK

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:25 AM

Typically one might want to hold a conference somewhere that is a vacation destination and has quality transportation:  LA, San Diego, Miami, New York, etc.  No offense Columbus!!!

Alignment with some other trade show or conference would be nice.  Which one is a good question.  

I will throw my hat in the ring to make a presentation on how to use FormZ effectively in architecture.  AIA holds an "Innovation" conference each year and of course they have their annual, more general national conference.

Much as it's nice to spend time face to face with each other, inevitably not everyone can take the substantial time out or expense to go to a far away conference, I suggest an online conference (recorded for webinar for those who can't make the time). It could be split up into sections to make it more manageable so a different part-day for different user types, eg architectural, manufacturing, design with manufacturing (like with furniture) - that's my field, film sets, gaming, animation, chemistry and/or whatever AD decides to be more appropriate, as they have a more thorough knowledge of the range of uses. There could at the end be a summary conference where AD can present to everyone the results of their feedback from the mini-conferences.

FZ8.5 pro with Renderzone on Windows 7 64bit.

Family Plan.

#49 nano

nano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

I'm having a few repeating problems that have occurred since recent update

Using MacOSX 10.13.5 - FZ 8.6.2 build 10099 and vray plugin 3.6.1 installed...

The select function only in lofts and sweeps often does not take and requires me to select profiles and paths twice to get it to register.

Also along this the cursor is frequently getting jammed into an enlarged size and then stays that way even when quit out of FormZ.

It may be a system level issue but whatever triggers it is only happening inside FormZ.

#50 AHDD Designer

AHDD Designer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationZurich / Switzerland

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:01 AM

Issues I discovered in FmZ 8.6.2 Build 10099 in MacOS 10.13.4 so far:

• When opening an existing Form.Z file, Form.Z makes an Auto-Save in the very first second after fully open the file.

• If prepicking segments with the Pick Tool, the selection is gone when changing over to the Derive Segment Tool.

• The Line Editing Tool is working irregularly. Especially the Trim Tool: Sometimes I can trim lines that do not cross - and sometimes they have to be lengthened manually beforehand.

• Trim/Splt Tool: The option «Construct result by Click Point» does not work properly. It is always the «wrong side»…

• Nurbs by Boundary Tool: It would be great, if the degree could be set in the Tool Options in advance. Now I have to use always the Nurbs Reconstruct Surface Tool after to adjust manually.

• It would be great to have a button nearby the coordinates, to set all values to zero at once.

These points complete my report, which I already posted in this thread on 1. June 2018 @ 02:52 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users