AutoDesSys

Form.Z Pro v.10 UI

To all (& Evan's image),

I thought it might be better to port this topic over to its own subject matter. As I understand from this image & the 'Whats-New' in Form.Z Pro-10 Web-page (which seems to now have updates), the Dark UI mode is part of this new release. I note it mentions how to do this in Apple OS, so was wondering is this going to be available in Windows OS as well ?

This is good to see as it does help with eye-strain. Sometimes Dark UI's can look odd with the same coloured icons & these I see in time with other software programmes get a graphic face lift as well to have a more themed unified simpler look with the icons sharing the same principle colours to some extent. I guess that would also be interesting to see, but the same coloured icons seem to look ok with the new Dark UI. 

image.jpeg.6f398055734558ce924bdacce848d8b2.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Yon said:

There is some talk about that here.

Cheers, Yon

Hi Yon,
Thanks for that, I do recall reading that post, but couldn't find it this time, oh well, it does seem to suggest the Dark UI's are somewhat troublesome to achieve for some reason with Window OS v.10 which is what I have. I do get messages now & then from Windows stating: Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows OS v.11. However, I've an old-ish version of DataCAD v.18 that I use quite a lot & like some other programmes, not too sure if they will work ok with Windows OS v.11.

I might take the plunge to Windows OS v.11 at a later date, but it seems reverting back to Windows OS v.10 can be equally tricky after ten days as it looks like it needs to be a clean install, which means everything will deleted so a system backup is key to this.

System changes suck.  Sometimes everything works.  I hope that will be the case for you!  

I always test a new system on an external ssd drive.  At least I get a feeling for what plugins and authentications I have to track down again, and if the core stuff still works.

Hi, I would like to upgrade to version 10 but I don't know who to contact in Italy. Do you have any suggestions? FZ is no longer on the website of the historic Videom retailer. Help me, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing with v10 in trial mode. 

I must be an idiot because I am unable to find a Dimensioning palette for 3d dimensioning

I see a Measure palette but it doesn't contain any dimensioning tools

???

paulj

On 2/20/2024 at 8:36 PM, Tech said:

@paulj

In formZ 10, you can also hit the spacebar, then the first few letters of what you're looking for, and relevant tools and commands will appear under your cursor:

Screenshot2024-02-20at12_32_35PM.thumb.png.237181c8b14090e7b2e020563a438177.png

I hope the spacebar can be alternatively configured? because for many years have used it to activate the 'pick' command.

27 minutes ago, Alan Cooper said:

I hope the spacebar can be alternatively configured? because for many years have used it to activate the 'pick' command.

Hi Alan,

I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who has used the Spacebar for Pick for many many years now.  Tapping it quickly after other operations has become second nature and I even assign pick to spacebar in other applications.

Fortunately in FormZ 10 you can easily assign the Assistant to another shortcut and assign Pick as spacebar.  I use Shift + Spacebar for the Assistant, and CTRL + Spacebar for the favorite tools window.  Honestly, the Favorite tools window lets you access the Assistant as well, so I'm not sure the separate shortcut for both is necessary.

Cheers.

Again off topic.

Message to the Admins:

Having paid fro v10 upgrade I'm using v9 as the Fake Space option is not working ( and to a lesser degree the colour difference between Shaded and Full Shaded ).

Wondering if these issues are due to be resolved in the near future.

Thanks in Advance

Andrew

10 hours ago, Gyro said:

Again off topic.

Message to the Admins:

Having paid fro v10 upgrade I'm using v9 as the Fake Space option is not working ( and to a lesser degree the colour difference between Shaded and Full Shaded ).

Wondering if these issues are due to be resolved in the near future.

Thanks in Advance

Andrew

What's fake space?

Fake Space: When on, this option allows you to see on-screen graphics that would otherwise be obscured by depth. The Fake Space example shown illustrates this option. Although the polygon is positioned behind the cube, the temporary reference plane is visible in its entirety while drawing on the obscured face.

fake_space.tiff

More info - https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/assets.autodessys.com/manuals/formz10/formZ_Pro/responsive_html/index.htm#t=04030_Shaded_Work.html

I've tested this here on v10 for Windows and it is working as expected:

image.thumb.png.ae2e4518ed716b89e0cfa8c29be8e76e.png

I suspect this is an OpenGL function, which Apple dropped support for.  So while AutoDesSys has done a good job of bringing most of the OpenGL based Shaded features over to Apple's Metal, some are still a work in progress.   Have you tried sending support an email so they know you are missing it?