AutoDesSys

Please do better on your website.

rickdm

I paid and received form.z v10. In an email was included a list and illustration of the new features. I couldn't find it when I went back, so I figured I would just go find it on the website. On the form.z homepage in bold letters; form•Z v9 is now available! I searched the site and could not come up with a mention of V10 or list of the new features. This  is your front door, you have to keep it updated. I understand that you must be very busy, but please just go hire an intern from OSU to keep your site updated. You just made a major release: let people know.

Rick

Sorry for the off topic reply but there doesn't seem to be any discussion relating to v10. 

I did contact support but no response.

Here's a few issues I'm experiencing to the point I've gone back to v9.

• Fake Space and & Auto X-ray are not functioning, (I typically don’t use Auto X-ray as it often results in a crash/hung app in earlier versions).

Is there a setting that’s overriding this? I’m toggling to and from wire frame all the time as a workaround for Fake Space.

• The colours in Shaded and Shaded Full are quite different in v10. Is there a setting that’s crating this this?

• A corrupt object will make all objects in the file invisible (but selectable) and unable to be copied to another new file even, basically rendering the file useless, having to rely on a backup file. At least with v9 when reopening a file any corrupted objects an alert that the object had been deleted and the file is useable.

Any help on the above greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Just another user here. It crashed my machine too (Mac), the fake space/X-ray.  Never tried it before, so now I feel your pain.

I'd suggest you start a new topic if you want v10 experiences from other users (and not just the 'do better on website website' curious folk like this thread).  If you want formZ to know, support@formz3d.com

Be well, Yon

6 hours ago, Yon said:

I'd suggest you start a new topic if you want v10 experiences from other users.....

I started a new V10 thread in early December for that very reason, but it was deleted. I would love to know why. ADS? I think that the ghosts of past are back to haunt us!

Edited by santa

@Gyro We are sorry if we missed your email inquiry. Things have been very busy. Please ping us again at support@formz.com with any outstanding issues.

@santa The public thread you started in December was prior to the release of formZ 10; It was moved to the private beta discussion forum at a certain point because other users began posting with issues pertaining to the formZ 10 beta software.

3 hours ago, Tech said:

@santa The public thread you started in December was prior to the release of formZ 10; It was moved to the private beta discussion forum at a certain point because other users began posting with issues pertaining to the formZ 10 beta software.

I beg to disagree. My thread was in direct response to your public announcement that Form.Z 10 will be released later in December. I think that the real reason for your censorship was that one of the beta testers indicated that V10 is merely “almost there”….in other words not ready.

Apparently, it’s still not ready from what I see, but in any case was your action warranted? Why didn’t one of your itchy fingered moderators simply remove the offending message? What’s next? I live in a country in which free speech is cherished…..do you?

On 1/30/2024 at 4:23 PM, santa said:

What’s next? I live in a country in which free speech is cherished…..do you?

Please save your political commentary for the app formerly known as Twitter.  

17 hours ago, santa said:

There is nothing “political” about free speech my friend.

"free speech" is not a pass to say whatever you want, wherever you want.  Last time I checked this is a forum curated/owned/moderated by AutoDesSys to discuss the goings on of their 3D software and affiliates.  This means they have control of what is posted and are free to do whatever they wish with whatever posts land on here.  I'm sure these details are in the fine print upon signing up for the forum.  And this isn't new, forums all over the internet are run like this--reddit, facebook, youtube, or any piece of software that has a forum will likely stand by these principals.  If you don't like it, you're free to leave and go post your displeasure elsewhere, but do not attack the moderators for doing their job in the name of "free speech." absolutely ridiculous.