AutoDesSys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AC1000

Trees and plants for Vray/FormZ

Hi

I would like to test good plant/tree objects where materials and other things are in order. (ie. One birch, horse chestnut and pine.)

Where can I Find Good Objects for Vray/FormZ?

I have been using Sketchup with Laubwerk for a long time. Twinmotion has also been used. Proxies can again be attractive if I make it work in FZ.

I did a few tests and I have to say that the latest Vray Beta works with Scene files flawlessly. For example, the trees with their leaves did not produce any problems.

Good job!

Screen1.thumb.jpg.ef1af696ca59730b9bcb9e79124ea80b.jpgScreen2.thumb.jpg.9fac036a2dcb3c68dd8f0bee9f7c850c.jpgScreen3.thumb.jpg.b63e766be8df2f0a37ea4f030f3de7eb.jpg

AC1000, thanks for taking the time to share this. I don't use a lot of trees typically, but this is very good to hear about it not slowing the computer down. Thanks again!

Have look at Speedtree as an option for buying premade files and also you can get a node locked cinema engine for a just few months at a very good price and model up in precise detail a library of all your desired trees and plants. It also has some VERY nice integration with Unity and Unreal.  https://store.speedtree.com

Another good option is 'The Grove' which is a plugin for blender and other software if you have it which allows you to grow your own. https://www.thegrove3d.com

These are both systems I have tried and used for projects with success with pulling the files into FormZ in the past. Mainly trying to make local Australian eucalyptus which are a pain to model.