AutoDesSys

Trees and plants for Vray/FormZ

AC1000

Hi

I would like to test good plant/tree objects where materials and other things are in order. (ie. One birch, horse chestnut and pine.)

Where can I Find Good Objects for Vray/FormZ?

I have been using Sketchup with Laubwerk for a long time. Twinmotion has also been used. Proxies can again be attractive if I make it work in FZ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have look at Speedtree as an option for buying premade files and also you can get a node locked cinema engine for a just few months at a very good price and model up in precise detail a library of all your desired trees and plants. It also has some VERY nice integration with Unity and Unreal.  https://store.speedtree.com

Another good option is 'The Grove' which is a plugin for blender and other software if you have it which allows you to grow your own. https://www.thegrove3d.com

These are both systems I have tried and used for projects with success with pulling the files into FormZ in the past. Mainly trying to make local Australian eucalyptus which are a pain to model.

• 6 months later...

I just got up to speed on Twin Motion for Form.z so that I could use 3D trees and plants without doing my typical Photoshop method.  The integration of Form.z into Twin is seemless now.  I can put hundreds of unique tress and plants into a scene and it renders in seconds.  Also, if you change or adjust your model in Form.z you can now update it in Twin instantaneously.  Twin is pretty easy to use and fairly intuitive.  There are still a few quirks to work out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know if Chaos Cosmos assets will ever be available for us FZ users? there is some brilliant items (plants and trees too, hence my post in this thread) and I am enjoying using them in 3DS Max, I just wish I could use them in FZ too.

23 hours ago, pointer said:

Does anyone know if Chaos Cosmos assets will ever be available for us FZ users? there is some brilliant items (plants and trees too, hence my post in this thread) and I am enjoying using them in 3DS Max, I just wish I could use them in FZ too.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the Cosmos....