AutoDesSys

First Project with Twinmotion

Des

This is my first project using FormZ to Twinmotion. It was done on an iMac 2020 with 4GB of video ram, so if I get a machine with a bigger & better video card I should get better quality.

Sorry the buildings (boxes) are not architecturally award winning..😁

BaldonnellUnitCDE-low

Edited by Des

Thanks John!

I was actually quite pleased with how easy it is to bring the FormZ model into TM. I exported the model in parts to make it easier when there were design changes. For example, I had layer groups in Fz for each building, the site, street lighting etc. So when I had to make a change to a building I just exported it to overwrite the asset and refreshed the import which means the rest of the model stays as it was in TM.

Also I had used Maxwell for the stills but when I needed to go to TM I obviously had to place the trees again so I created a layer in Fz with small cubes where the trees were (Maxwell mxs references) and exported that into TM. Then I could place the trees in their proper places and turn off the tree placement cubes later.

Here are a couple of the Maxwell stills..

280336724_NESemiHigh01-Duska.thumb.jpg.b978c33a92d5ee0bcbb74723c906dc58.jpg1037883968_DCSemiHigh02-DuskA.thumb.jpg.6ad176869eeee320a71e46a2e266923d.jpg

Thank you Des for sharing this.

The difference beetween TM and MX is very interesting. For smaller project, where details are important, still images are useless in TM. But for large scale project and video TM is a good choice.