AutoDesSys

Template Files Opening to a blank, solid Grey Window...

Justin Montoya

I've created a few different Template files, but when FormZ opens them for the first time, the Project window just becomes solid gray.  If I give it 5-10 seconds, the Auto Save dialog pops up and after closing that, the Project window will show as normal.  If I don't wait for the Auto Save, I can switch turn on Wireframe, which seems to reset it.  My question is, why is it showing up as a blank solid Gray to begin with?  If I let FormZ "Use Defaults" when creating a new project file, it works correctly without the blank Gray window.

Gentlemen,

We have been testing this here but so far we have not reproduced what you report.  If you download the attached file and set this as your Template, do you then get the delay when simply selecting New Project from the File Menu?

Template_test.zip

And which operating system(s) are you using, and with which Autosave settings?

Please let us know so we can help.

i have the same problem since about one year...

when I open the template with >Open< it's ok

but when I open the same template via >New Project< or when starting formZ - there is the blank window

Mac OS 10.12.1

Where are your template files stored?  If you are storing them on a network drive, move the template file to a location on your local disc that is easily accessible (i.e. desktop), then try loading a New Project with this template file.  Does that help?

Hi Gentlemen,

We are still not reproducing this.  Does anyone have a problem using the file we posted above as a Template?

If that works but another does not, can you please zip and post the other file so we can test with it here?

Tech-

I have tried your Template file with the same results - blank modeling window until AutoSave kicks in, or a click or other action is done.  Opening the file by double-clicking in Finder, launches it, and other files normally, but when assigned as the Template, it causes this issue.  I keep all my preference files under (Username)>Documents>Preferences,  FYI.

I've attached all my various preference files for you to test.  Note- It would be ideal if all of these files were stored in a single FormZ preference file in the future.  Keeping all of these various separate files is a cumbersome approach to storing user preferences.

FormZ 2017 prefs.zip

Archived