AutoDesSys

C-Mesh

Gwyn

hi all,

With older version of Formz we had C-mesh. which I used to join a number of polylines together to form a Mesh.

I'm doing architectural work so the nice thing about this was that I could for instance draw a series of polylines with points at 5' intervals. I could then have a series of these polylines at 9'8" intervals vertically. C-Mesh would thus create a perfect Curtain wall with 9'8 x 5' panes of glass. I would then render the mesh as visible and it would look great for quick massing studies.

With new formz I'm having trouble

A: Finding this C-Mesh feature.

B: Creating polylines with a spread of Points at 5' interval.

I used to model curved lines as FACETTED with an interval of 6' for facet dimension. New interface doesn't seem to allow for Facetted curves. Now only smooth as default with a quite complex menu for faceting.

Can you give advice on how to use new version with above task.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree with threads premise. Have any of you extensively tried the Subdivision Surfing tools suite? You can use the Convert tool to change Quad Ploy Mesh or change to a NURBS Object. Moreover, the new suite of NURBS editing tools is Super! C-Mesh had it hey day. But the complete suite of NURBS tools and the complete suite of Sub-Division Surface tools are incurably valuable and flexible and gives the user the utmost of control.

Dan S.

In formZ PRO we want it all!!

I would like to have the meatballs back too.

Made a whole exhibition based on shapes that could only have been made with metaballs, and theyr facets.

The realtime remodeling and numerical structuring of the C-mesh tool is not replaced with the smoot nurbz, Even if you can convert after finished

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Dan S.   what you suggest does not work for every one,  such as myself.    As, I need to flat pattern my objects.  C-Mesh tool gave me the control over the shape and the placement of seams.   

For now,  I have completely abandoned organic modeling in fZ, but import such models from Modo and pattern those.

Until fZ  can do a worthy approximation of a flat pattern from a NURB... such as other Apps can, (exact Flat for one) C-Mesh is King.

-¢hris £und

Archived