AutoDesSys

Duplication Offset

Des

Since the last update to FormZ 9, the Duplication Offset only works once per action.

Select an object and use the shortcut for duplicate (command D), it duplicates only once before the object has to be selected again.

It used to be great to use this to duplicate a set distance in any direction by just hitting the shortcut and I realise there are many ways to get around this by using the Transform Move Duplicate or array but I think it should be restored to how it worked before. It may just be a new bug.

Des

Thank you for the feedback. We have the issue logged and hope to have a fix in place in an upcoming build!

For now, you should be able to use the Move tool set to "Repeat copy" in the Tool Options palette to do the same thing. 

1898808524_ScreenShot2020-10-01at10_16_40AM.jpg.16f22d8ce735546f44c6bf16226b1e22.jpg

In the future, please send reports of issues to support@formz.com so that we can better monitor these problems.

2 hours ago, Tech said:

Thank you for the feedback. We have the issue logged and hope to have a fix in place in an upcoming build!

For now, you should be able to use the Move tool set to "Repeat copy" in the Tool Options palette to do the same thing. 

1898808524_ScreenShot2020-10-01at10_16_40AM.jpg.16f22d8ce735546f44c6bf16226b1e22.jpg

In the future, please send reports of issues to support@formz.com so that we can better monitor these problems.

Hello stranger! 😄

May I ask if anyone finds the Duplication Offset default,(set at a distance from the original object location), annoying ? I tend to loose time at this with Undos deleting wrong placements, and I'm now trying to use a Copy-Paste workflow instead, but a 100% duplicate in same location would be nice! Unless you all prefer something else...

I used to manage well with personal preferences to duplicate at 0,0,0, but gave up on personal prefs a while ago, partly due to widely differing settings I normally use interchangeably, but always needing duplication at 0,0,0.

Yes copy-paste should have been used from the beginning, but after decades of duplicating, and using personal prefs,  my changing work patterns trick me and later requires back stepping...  Duplicate does it for half the clicks involved, which is habit forming.  ^__^

I also recommend using the Repeat Last Transformation tool, with a keyboard shortcut... it's great!

It has always caught my attention, and I wonder why it's not a common tool to find in other software.

While it doesn't have the same function, when used in copy mode in tandem with Move, it could work similarly to Duplicate. Although, actually it's much more powerful and flexible, and serves many other uses.

A merge of the Object Duplication Offset with the Move and Repeat Last Transformation tools would be extremely useful and very powerful.