AutoDesSys

Glitch-tacular

So here's a running list of glitches I've found whilst working.  8.6.5 w/RZ used on my PC at work and on my Macbook Pro at home.

I'm sure the list will grow.

Both:

- Cannot edit RZ environment map (clicking "Options" does nothing at all)
- Bz Spline and Spline tools operate exactly the same way
- Views just randomly disappear when dragging to reposition to the end of the list in the Views palette
- Collapsing a grouped item in the Objects palette highlights a bunch of objects in the palette
- Decal application is extremely glitchy on an object with rounded edges, as is coloring individual faces as a workaround
- Mirroring a texture does not preview in Shaded Work display

Mac-specific:

- Multiple clicks required to dismiss Image Options dialog

PC-specific:

- All palettes except for Action and Tool Options disappear between shut down and startup on multiple monitor display

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. We will work on getting these issues patched ASAP!

For quicker responses, please email us at support@formz.com with your bugs/problems/recommendations/hopes/dreams/etc.

23 minutes ago, Tech said:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. We will work on getting these issues patched ASAP!

For quicker responses, please email us at support@formz.com with your bugs/problems/recommendations/hopes/dreams/etc.

Thank you!  Will look forward to these fixes.

If you're reading this, please bring back the ability to tile a texture to the exact height and width of the object it's applied to.  6.5 had this feature and I used it ALL the time.  VERY useful.

• 2 months later...

More glitches:

Both Mac and PC:

- Updating a texture map in the Materials palette requires me to close and reopen the Material Parameters palette multiple times in order for it to refresh on the Material palette thumbnail image.
- When relinking texture map files, usually the program will find filename matches automatically if the missing files are in the same folder, but occasionally (and very annoyingly), I'll have relink them one-by-one......

PC:

- Neither the Esc key nor clicking the "X" next to the progress bars in the Action palette interrupt the rendering process like they do on a Mac.  Very annoying if I accidentally hit Ctrl-K on a complex file and realize I need to make a quick change to the model before committing several minutes to rendering...  If the process is not interruptible, just get rid of the "X" on the Action palette.

I get the texture map to update by > In material parameters select shaded > Select the reflection tab > Change the Specular Factor to something different and back again.

Works 99% of the time.

I believe the Specular factor has a lot to do with slowing up responsiveness in materials as well. So as I normally use referenced Maxwell materials, I almost always turn the specular factor to zero in the shaded view. But even when set to zero I still have to use the specular slider to get the previews to update as above.

Edited by Des

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2019 at 2:27 PM, Spannerhead said:

When relinking texture map files, usually the program will find filename matches automatically if the missing files are in the same folder, but occasionally (and very annoyingly), I'll have relink them one-by-one......

^This one is SO much fun, especially when ALL the missing textures are in the same folder, and formZ finds, oh, the first 3 and then I have to relink the remaining 30 manually....  /sarc

Any chance of a bug fix?

When I have the issue you are describing (when ALL the missing textures are in the same folder, and formZ finds, oh, the first 3)

I find that going to the "project info" tab and then "linked files" usually works.

I just had a project where FZ was finding all but 5 files, even though they were all in the same directory.

When I went to "linked files" folder and relinked the first file, it found the other 4 by itself.

project info.jpg