AutoDesSys

macOS Mojave

Des

thanks for the posts!  I went and upgraded a mac. I found that it runs just fine. I was able to open a 300+ mb project and use renderzone as I did in High Sierra. I was able to run imager on a number of images for Renderzone successfully. The only thing that is visually different is that tool menu icons are trying to stay light and opaque, in Apples changes to menubar transparency. See attached.

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 12.08.33 PM.png

The same issue with the  "Add to project" and "options" buttons happened with the first release of High Sierra as well. We are not sure yet if Apple will fix this again in Mojave or we will need to adjust for it. The workaround fo "Add to project" is to open the file and copy and paste into the desired project. The import options dialog will open anyway if not previously selected, so this is fairly minor.

We are investigating the transparency issue with the icons to see if we can adjust for this as well without raising the minimum supported OS version.

Started an install in Mojave in my 2010 Mac Pro & discovered I need to replace my ATI Radeon HD5870 Video card with one that does metal on Apples suggested list (many have been discontinued & hard to find). Any members have any suggestions on card replacements? Considering Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 580,

Unfortunately I had to find out that the already somewhat unfortunate UI of FormZ suffered even more under Mojave: Recently, the tools are individually underlaid with white areas, instead of the whole window being uniform in color. See Screenshot.

How long will it take until the next version?
Don't leave us users alone. 

181018_FormZ_Mojave.jpg

Apple has changed the alpha channel of icons in Mojave and we are investigating if this is something that they will be fixing and if not what we can do to adjust for the issue without breaking support of other OS versions. This is just an aesthetic issue, the icons still function as expected. 

We hope to have a fix for this soon!

• 2 months later...

We released v8.6.4 today which includes improvements for OS X Mojave. 

You can update your installation by selecting "Check for Update" from the Help menu.

Note that if you are using 8.5 or 8.6.0 (or if you experience issues with the software update feature because of a fire wall or other connection issue), you will need to install from HERE .

Here is a list of what is new in the latest version: http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/whats_new.html

Archived