AutoDesSys

SKP Import for formZ 8 Pro and Jr for OS X users

Tech

SKP Import for formZ 8 Pro and Jr is now available via this pre-release plugin for OS X users:

ftp://ftp.formz.com/pub/formz/formz/fz8/SKP_preview/SKP.zip

Download and Unzip this ZIP archive, and copy the contents of the SKP folder into your formZ Application Folder: Plugins: FFMT folder.  

(Note that these files Must be directly in the Plugins: FFMT folder.)

Relaunch formZ 8 Pro or formZ 8 Jr, and SKP Import (up to v2015) should be available via the File Menu: Import command.

Please note that this is using a new SKP Translator that has recently been released by Trimble.  If you encounter any issues, please notify us via EMAIL to support@formz.com and either include a link to the SKP file, or attach it to the email directly.

Enjoy!

ps.  If you have formZ Pro v8.0.0, please update from here first:  http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/topic/67-form%E2%80%A2z-801-update-now-available/

Hi Dennis,

If you are really tight on disk space, you can delete the older version, but since this is a brand new "pre-release" plugin, you might want to keep the older version just in case you find any issues.  

Glad you all like it!  :)

Finally I am able to import My Sketch Up Files into EIAS via Form Z.

I would like to highlight to existing sketchUp user that the skp plug in does import the layer's colours as materials but by default it is turn off. You need to turn them on one by one on via the materials check box by double clicking the layer name to display the colours if you use layer's colours as master materials for colours visualisation purposes in Sketch Up.

I hope form Z can include a check box to enable the display of layer's colours materials at the import dialog box to save us time turning on one by one.

Thank You Very Much FormZ :)

Burney

I have tried to import file prior to SketchUp 2015 but nothing came in but if I use SketchUp 2015 to open earlier version and save as SketchUp 2015 they all worked. Look like for now this plug in will only import SketchUp2015 file and not earlier version.

Burney

Hi Burney,

The new plugin should read older .SKP files, but if you do encounter an issue with one, resaving it from the current version of SketchUp could work around the issue.

Can you send the file that is not working for you to support@formz.com so we can test with this here?

Hi Tech,

Attached is a file created using SketchUp Pro 8 (2.9Mb) a few years back. When I create a new document and import, the dialog came out but after that nothing happen. If I use SketchUp Pro 2015 to save again then import to Form Z 8. every thing came in intact. Please take a look and let me know what has went wrong.

Thank You.

Regards,

Burney

Layout11-3D (Model3-1).skp.zip

If you encounter any issues, please notify us via EMAIL to support@formz.com and either include a link to the SKP file, or attach it to the email directly.

Hi Burney,

This file is importing fine for us.  Which operating system and what Import Options are you using?  Please email us directly so we can help...

Hi Rick,

Well, there was this:

If you encounter any issues, please notify us via EMAIL to support@formz.com...

Do you have Read permissions on the SKP folder and its contents, and does the plugin show in the Extensions Manager?

(Please email us your reply.)

Hi Rick,

Sorry, our intent was not to call you out or make you feel stupid, but there is not a simple answer to your question, and we do not want to clutter this thread with extensive trouble-shooting for an isolated case...

That is why we noted repeatedly above to please send emails regarding any issues, and when we receive your email, we will be happy to help you ASAP.

• 1 month later...

Archived