AutoDesSys

form•Z 8.0.1 Update Now Available

Tech

Dear formZ 8 Users,

We are pleased to announce that the formZ 8.0.1 update is now available.  This update fixes a number of issues that have been reported, including one with the automatic update feature.  As such, this update will need to be manually downloaded from here:

(Please click on the formZ 8 Pro or Student Edition link, and follow the instructions on that page.)

Fixes and improvements include (but not limited to):

Automatic Updates fixed
Maxwell Render no longer causes RenderZone Materials to change to Plastic Reflection
Cancel Generation of Sun Animation enabled
Improvements to NURBS objects
Improvements to Controlled Rounding
Improvements to Workspaces and Tool Dock
Palettes now update their visibility / locked / snap-able status when multiple entities are toggled
Improvements to Components stored in external libraries
Excessive Ghosted Operand crash on certain windows fixed
Radio button issues on certain Mac Palettes fixed
Import / Export format improvements
Missing image map files no longer prevent other maps from being saved when using the Save A Copy As command
Network Licensing improvements

We are working hard on more improvements that will be released in the near future.  If you have reported an issue in the past and it is not fixed with this release, rest assured that we are working to get it addressed.   If you have any new issues or other feedback, please send an email to support@formz.com with the details so we can investigate it.  Thanks for all the great feedback from everyone. :)

Thanks for all the hard work Support. I do have to report though, that on the mac, writing a .dae file from a simple cube doesn't quite work well yet. I assigned a formZ predefined brick material to the cube, exported it as .dae, and when imported into sketchup, the brick material does not come in. 

All works well on formZ 7 (on the mac) as well as formZ 8.01 on win8.

On my MacBook Pro the tool dock and the coordinates/distance palette still not working properly. Many times the tool dock got 4 rows instead of 3 as i want, the coordinates/distance palette disappears behind the tool dock when modeling. 

Hi Allan,

Yes, the SKP and DAE will require considerable work for formZ 8 on OS X, but we are working on it.  For now, if you use formZ v7 for Importing or Exporting these formats, you should be able to work around it.

Hi Hugo,

Sorry you are having issues with your dock.  It sounds like you do not have your Input Palette actually in the dock (if you did, it would not go behind).  If that is not a complete solution, please see the following portion of our previous post:

-- If you have any new issues or other feedback, please send an email to support@formz.com with the details so we can investigate it.

Please also include your system info, and a screen capture of before and after the issue.

Hi Jon,

Yes, the fix for the smoothing issue is quite extensive, but that is the plan.

Hi Evan,

Yes, the DAE and SKP formats pretty much require a complete re-write now that it is 64 bit, but we are working on this for the not too distant future.

Hi support,

I just want to mention that the update went fine other than if the startup action (in formZ prefs) is set to "open" instead of "new project". One has to  go to file > New Project > to make the register dialogue come up.

It had me stumped for a few minutes there....

Regards,

Des

Archived