AutoDesSys

When will formZ be ready for the Mac M1 chips?

martyfxad

13 hours ago, 3dworks said:

Hi Gary I guess that was just related to the 3D InterOp Part... The ACIS Modeler is what FZ uses afaik.

Yes, this is related to the 3D InterOp part, but I suppose this will be relevant for FZ, too (having STEP and IGES translators etc. on board). It wouldn't make sense to implement the modeling functions without the translators.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Not doing much modelling atm, more photography - so hopefully there will be a production ready version once I'm starting with viz works again in a few weeks.

Would be good to get any update from autodessys, at this point.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has been a long and tedious process to get "arm64" components from all our partners as well as transition our own code plus migrate from OpenGL to Metal. Please understand all of this is not as trivial as Apple makes it seem.  We do have a version up and running (including all plugins), but it still needs a lot of testing and tuning before we are ready to share this version.

8 hours ago, Tech said:

It has been a long and tedious process to get "arm64" components from all our partners as well as transition our own code plus migrate from OpenGL to Metal. Please understand all of this is not as trivial as Apple makes it seem.  We do have a version up and running (including all plugins), but it still needs a lot of testing and tuning before we are ready to share this version.

if you need someone external for testing, feel free to get in contact. working on macbook pro m1 max with 2 external monitors here.

On 2/18/2023 at 12:06 AM, Tech said:

@Techso happy to read this reply. If you need testers please let me know.
Apple M1 Max MacBook Pro.

Edited by ktejlgaard