AutoDesSys

Please welcome PowerCADD

Tech

Charles-

Admittedly, I don't work in 2D much but I have an idea that might help you.  Have you tried using FormZ 10's Draft Layout to import your FormZ model as a plan or elevation and then export as a DWG from there?   That should eliminate the multiple line issue.

Also, It sounds like PowerCADD is still under Beta development and while I know it's taking longer than expected, unfortunately that's what happens when Apple chooses to cut off software support repeatedly and change directions so many times.  Hang in there, if AutoDesSys says it's coming, then it's coming.

On 1/16/2024 at 2:52 PM, Justin Montoya said:

Charles-

Admittedly, I don't work in 2D much but I have an idea that might help you.  Have you tried using FormZ 10's Draft Layout to import your FormZ model as a plan or elevation and then export as a DWG from there?   That should eliminate the multiple line issue.

Also, It sounds like PowerCADD is still under Beta development and while I know it's taking longer than expected, unfortunately that's what happens when Apple chooses to cut off software support repeatedly and change directions so many times.  Hang in there, if AutoDesSys says it's coming, then it's coming.

Interesting thought - using Layout as a bridge. I'll give it a go. If it can solve the scaling issues that could be a solution. My seat-of-the-pants-not-a-coder take on the primary issue with scaling is F•Z, like AutoCad, essentially draws in full scale and adapts to user scale through a sort of "viewer", whereas PC sets the scale(s) on each individual sheet. 

I don't know how Open Clip worked, but it sort of did, back when it did. 

As for PC and it's "anticipated upgrade", over on the PC forums there are die-hard users that think it's still going to happen, and then there are others, including me, not so convinced. Engsw has put out a broad range of mixed messages on the topic, first claiming it was closing shop, to claiming to have found new input and a development team, to utter silence (current situation). They've never been very good at communicating improvements and sticking to time lines, but this current situation is pushing those boundaries even further. It would be good to hear from F•Z if there is any life left in that party or not.

Cheers.

Edited by Charles Freeborn

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's been two and a half years since the announcement.  Since I work on a PC I can imagine it might be quite some time before I see this released for our use.  For those of you out there that share my predicament I can tell you that going back and forth between Rhino and FMZ for drafting has been working well for me.  Just create a basic plan from your FMZ model and import that into Rhino.  Learning Rhino has been easy and there are lots of tutorials online.  

Of course it would be nice to have everything under one roof here but that is wishful thinking on my behalf.