AutoDesSys

Deleting a custom palette

SJD

Hi

I'm trying to delete a custom palette I created (I spelt it wrong and can't find a way to amend it). I right click and press ok to delete and hey presto it's back when I relaunch FZ. I've saved another preference file but it makes no difference.

It's not a big problem but just annoying - I've been using v8.6 for well over month now (or trying too). Not sure if it's me but there are so many little niggles where tools don't seem to behave as they should at first and then do. I often get an issue where the vector line or rectangle tool won't draw on the first attempt - I change my view and then they seem to work. All in all using this version is starting to become a bind compared to v6.

I don't want to put FZ down but does anyone else find it well, not as smooth as it should be compared to other packages?

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by SJD

I'm having a similar issue on Mac.

A few custom palettes that are only a few pixels square, when attempting to drag a tool onto them they expand and once the mouse released they go back to being the tiny palette with no tools. There seems to be no way of deleting them

There seems no way to save them like the custom Tool Manager Palette's which I share across machines.

Any help appreciated.

Andrew

I think I reported this during the Beta.  I will check when I get back home to Colorado, to be sure, and to see if there was a resolution.  As I too experienced this.   Expect me back on Friday.  If you haven't got a resolution before then.

¢£

On 7/7/2020 at 9:04 AM, SJD said:

I don't want to put FZ down but does anyone else find it well, not as smooth as it should be compared to other packages?

Yes.  But the issue with giving up formZ is the speed in which I work and the ability to share my files with SolidWorks users.  VectorWorks and Rhino come close to formZ in terms or how geometry is modeled and sharing with SolidWorks (Rhino is arguably better because .3dm files can be opened directly into SolidWorks), but if you look at the forums of each respective software you will find droves users posting about bugs, suggestions and other grievances. 

I think the more you use a certain piece of software then the more aware you are of it's shortcomings which makes the OTHER software look so refined and polished, only to find out years later you're again aware of all it's shortcomings.  wash, rinse, repeat.