AutoDesSys

Why texture does not mirror any more?

AHTOH

Hello there.

I realized that patterns do not mirror despite the fact "Mirror" checked for both horizontal and vertical. I did not find anything about this in manual.

post-46-0-13321700-1460389337_thumb.png

Best,

Anton.

Hi Anton,

The Mirror options only affect RenderZone.  Is this RenderZone?

(If you need the material for Shaded display, you should edit it to make it a tile-able texture. If necessary, just search the web and you will find many tutorials on how to do this...)

Some day we hope that we will see the mirrored texture in shaded display.  In the mean time it only works in Renderzone.  As for creating tile-able textures this is not always cost effective when time is short and budgets are tight.  Which is always. 

Oh! OK. Thank you Tech.

I thought it is also available for Shaded mode.  Could be useful for external renderers.

Of course I have no problem to create seamless textures.

Best,

Anton.

Some day we hope that we will see the mirrored texture in shaded display.  In the mean time it only works in Renderzone.  As for creating tile-able textures this is not always cost effective when time is short and budgets are tight.  Which is always. 

It should take about 2 minutes to create a tile-able texture once you know what you are doing (which should take another 20 minutes to figure out).  But yes, we will see if this can be added to other display modes in the future.

Archived