AutoDesSys

Just make the core application work properly!

DaveVT

I have used Form Z from version 2 forward after meeting Chris Yessios as a fellow panelist on AIA National Roundtables. I was an original author in the late 70's of RTKL's 3D modeler/imager for architectural design, hiring one of Chris's graduates to extend our system to surfaces and solids. I always liked the interface and the quality of the product. However with each new release and lengthening periods between releases, I am now 10 years into retirement, considering no longer maintaining my license. Why? the number of crashes, problems with file opens and saves, older working functions that now fail and the ever present flakey Component functionality, A core function in my mind of any modeler. All the additions over the years look great and make it a better and better general modeler but as an architect I need an application that is bullet proof. Finally, thank you for V-Ray it was long overdue and the integration while not perfect is seamless in FZ, something I value greatly.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:34 PM, DaveVT said:

I have used Form Z from version 2 forward after meeting Chris Yessios as a fellow panelist on AIA National Roundtables. I was an original author in the late 70's of RTKL's 3D modeler/imager for architectural design, hiring one of Chris's graduates to extend our system to surfaces and solids. I always liked the interface and the quality of the product. However with each new release and lengthening periods between releases, I am now 10 years into retirement, considering no longer maintaining my license. Why? the number of crashes, problems with file opens and saves, older working functions that now fail and the ever present flakey Component functionality, A core function in my mind of any modeler. All the additions over the years look great and make it a better and better general modeler but as an architect I need an application that is bullet proof. Finally, thank you for V-Ray it was long overdue and the integration while not perfect is seamless in FZ, something I value greatly.

Hi Dave,

Can you pleases email us at support@formz.com with some specific examples of the issues you're having? That way we can better organize and track the issues for the development team. 

Thank you!