AutoDesSys

FZ 9.2.0.1 / edit cone of vision issue

3dworks

Am I the only one having issues when entering the "edit cone of vision" mode? With this version, the camera seems to be locked. No editing is possible. I'm on MacOS High Sierra, MacPro 5,1 with Nvidia GTX1080 card and corresponding drivers. I will have to revert to the last version in order to get my perspectives adjusted...

Edit Cone of Vision is running fine on my Macs using v9.2.0.1 although I'm not running MacOS High Sierra (I'm using Big Sur & Catalina).

The only issue I have is when I exit ECV the palette dock changes order.

Des

I can confirm as well its running fine under Monterey and Bigsur. High Sierra has issues, but it could be the fact I'm using Nvidia cards on this machine. Until 9.2 it used to behave well i guess. I started only recently using day by day FZ 9.x and left 8.x in the archive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 9:48 PM, 3dworks said:

I can confirm as well its running fine under Monterey and Bigsur. High Sierra has issues, but it could be the fact I'm using Nvidia cards on this machine. Until 9.2 it used to behave well i guess. I started only recently using day by day FZ 9.x and left 8.x in the archive.

autodessys, is there a fix on the way?

Of course Autodessys needs to fix this. However, I stopped using the edit cone of vision years ago. Instead I use the "walkthrough" tool after I get my camera roughly located. At it's options I select "look straight ahead" and get my perspectives nice and straight. If I'm not satisfied with the vertical location, I either pan up or down, or I enter the exact vertical height on the the walkthrough palette.

I don't even miss the edit cone of vision now.

Sure you can use walkthrough and other functions to position and set the camera, but only "edit cone of vision" gives  you a way to set exactly all parameters for the cone of vision in one screen. As an architect, I like to see cameras in plan and elevation at the same time, especially if i need to prepare cameras for cuts and sections. 😉

Update: I got confirmation from Tech Support for this issue. Unfortunately, they seem not keen to fix it as they are "focusing on newer operating systems". As a customer, I do unterstand that new features are not making it into older operating systems. But when basic functionality are not working anymore within the officially supported OS, I will expect this to be fixed. Hopefully they will do.

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.10.59.png