AutoDesSys

Maxwell Render 5 for FormZ Needs Your Help

Gary

Hello FormZ users,

If any users have not seen the discussion in the Maxwell area of the FormZ forum, continued development of the Maxwell plug-in for FormZ is not guaranteed. Next Limit is gauging support and has not yet committed to continued development. Any current users and potential future users should head to this discussion on the Maxwell forum and express your support for continued development of the Maxwell for Z plug-in.

https://forum.maxwellrender.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=45454

Thanks!

Gary

On 10/24/2019 at 3:19 AM, Gary said:

Hello FormZ users,

If any users have not seen the discussion in the Maxwell area of the FormZ forum, continued development of the Maxwell plug-in for FormZ is not guaranteed. Next Limit is gauging support and has not yet committed to continued development. Any current users and potential future users should head to this discussion on the Maxwell forum and express your support for continued development of the Maxwell for Z plug-in.

https://forum.maxwellrender.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=45454

Thanks!

Gary

Come on guys we need your help to get NextLimit to respond and develop (co-develop) the future Maxwell 5 plugin for formZ9 at this stage on the Maxwell forum there are only '15' requests - that will have to be more than '100' to get any effect. and change their thinking. There must be more than 15 people using Maxwell or who want it...

If your not already on the Maxwell forum - 'Join' https://forum.maxwellrender.com/index.php and add your support

Maxwell 5 is huge advancement now incorporating the latest nVidia GPU acceleration for 'Fire' - rendering - additive materials and converts V-Ray scene files with more still to come - make it happen as well for formZ

Rob

I would gladly add support as a past user of Maxwell, who would love to see a much faster version for FormZ (I have 3 GTX GPUs in my workstation for rendering!).  Unfortunately I do not have a NextLimit login and their forum registration is closed to new users.  It would appear that I would have to buy Maxwell to plead for support.  I have contacted the webmaster to see if they will let me in.  Here's hoping!

This is exactly why I don't like the idea of having to buy additional software. You never know when it might be dropped.

I used C4D for over 10 years. It came with a very good rendering engine and I never needed to buy or upgrade anything outside.

Yes, there were other renders available (including Maxwell) but for my day to day needs the bundled renderer was excellent.

Now that NextLimit has stated that FormZ Maxwell plugin will still be supported and will be released in month or so, we can argue about that in a few years.

😉

1 hour ago, FZnoob said:

This is exactly why I don't like the idea of having to buy additional software. You never know when it might be dropped.

I used C4D for over 10 years. It came with a very good rendering engine and I never needed to buy or upgrade anything outside.

Yes, there were other renders available (including Maxwell) but for my day to day needs the bundled renderer was excellent.