AutoDesSys

Animations?

AsOne

So far not working for me.  I have a super simple animation setup.  I have completed Wireframe, Shaded Work, Shaded Full, Hidden Line without issue.  It is only 2 sec. long and less than 1MB file size when finished.  I set V-Ray to the lowest settings.  The still image renders in the V-Ray window in a couple seconds.  However, V-Ray animation gets stuck on frame 1 every time.  

I cannot ESC to quit.  Nothing happens so I have to force quit.

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

...will keep trying

Do I use the same Animation setup and simply choose V-Ray from the drop down menu in the Generate Animation palette?   Or is there animation control in V-Ray palettes somewhere?

I am currently using the Generate Animation from Display menu and selecting V-Ray. 

The animation process is controlled by the Generate Animation utility for all rendering modes. It appears that you are setting everything up correctly. Not sure what could be causing the problem. Can you send your file to vray@formz.com so the team can have a look?

I have had similar problems. I have tried several different output methods - to individual png files and to an animation file and MOV. they all failed with a can't save the file for unknown reason type error.

I will keep trying with the various settings till i get one that outputs something correctly.

it's on a Mac as well.

Yep same results here. The animation window stays grey and does not show any renders completing yet progresses with the frames till the end then throws up an error primarily always about not saving. Same project will render normally as an individual frame through vray or as any other type of render style - hidden line, shaded etc.post-11279-0-37177300-1519679743_thumb.png

This would be a great time to add MP4 container recording, and might as well add h.265, and h.265 as well, since that is going to be the future of video formats.

In case you haven't heard, .MOV format is dead as Apple has decided to stop developing and supporting QuickTime.  Now, Windows and Mac users are both going to need much more modern movie file types to use with FormZ. 

Hence the MP4, h.264 and h.265 suggestions.

• 4 months later...

Is there any update to this topic for using Vray to generate animations? Just thought I'd ask while I had some down time and don't currently have anything that's due now. It's still doing the same like previously noted by others on here and not generating any frames.

Archived