AutoDesSys Forums
AsOne

Material Parameters (dimensions) for plain objects

Is there a way to display basic object parameters (dimensions) for "plain objects".  I know Z does this if I draw a rectangle, however once I reshape the rectangle (or other basic solid) it no longer shows up.  I'm asking for objects with easily defined parameters (square, rectangles, cubes, etc.).  Not blob like 3D shapes.

If not, this would be a nice add for the future.

After you pick an object, select the Transform tool and in the Tool Options you can see the X, Y, and Z dims of the object.  I use this quite often.

Thanks snow!  That is exactly what I was looking for.  

R2D2 - yes a graphic representation would be cool, but the transform tool does the trick for now.

Pre v7, the Scale tool did this, which was always the 'S' shortcut for us.  Once this new Transform tool took over, I made the shortcut the same 'S', since it's used ALL THE TIME and old habits die hard.  'T' is for Text Edit, don't you know?  :)

I like the SPACE bar for the Pick tool, since it's the most common tool mapped to the most common and biggest button!  Had to reassign the nifty pop up tool to CTRL+SPACE, since its still helpful, but I don't want to see it every time I need to use the Pick tool.