AutoDesSys Forums
pkcn

editing materials

Hello,

We start using V-Ray plugin for integrating in our work process.

We have allready order the full program when it will be release and are very happy to have a new render within FZ.
We are unable to edit V-Ray materials and receive this message (see attached) as soon as we click on "edit" tab.

Thank you for your business

post-7235-0-29923500-1516095635_thumb.png

Edited by pkcn

AutoDesSys had me replace this config file to get my Material editor working again.  It has something to do with Chaos's install not overwriting previous Beta installs correctly on Windows.

Download Link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_GICO-FLKIUQTdQRTdUckJBSkRxN0hqSi1oc3lxQ3kwdTZN

post-219-0-72124700-1516147807_thumb.jpg

At this folder location, I had to show hidden files.  Then replace the vrayappsdk.config file with the one I have attached here.  You can open it with Notepad if you'd like to see it, but all it does is point to where the VRMAT editor program lives.  The one I replaced, I saved as _old, just in case.  

Hope this helps you get going again.

Thanks a lot Justin. The V-Ray material editor is now working. I think this fix should be put public by formZ support, but anyway it's working.  :)

Thanks Justin; it is now perfectly working!

We have just one issue with the material editor window that disappears behind the main fz window. 

Justin thanks for posting! We are working on improving this. We hope that we can integrate their editor better in the future, unfortunately for now its a separate executable so it can get hidden.