AutoDesSys

Add to Isolate Objects

DennisA

If you chose to isolate object & no object is select (isolate objects in edit window always visible or ability to use key command... click on isolate objects (every object disappears... empty window). When you click to reveal they are visible again.

Same as selecting a point and isolating.

Hi Dennis,

Hmmm, we are still confused.  Isolate Objects should only be available if Object(s) are Selected.  If they are not, the Isolate Command is inactive and grayed out and the key shortcut has no affect for us.

If you get a New Project, draw 2 cubes, pick nothing (or just one point) and try to Isolate, does that do anything?

Or if that is working but something else is not, can you post a file and / or further instructions so we can look into this further?

This is a suggestion not a bug, Maybe an isolate command to create a window with no objects in it.

If i have a project with 100 visible objects... you isolate 1 object 99 disappears. I am suggesting all objects should disappear (isolate  an empty window command) within working project.

Does Ctr+A (select all) followed by the shortcut for Ghost Objects achieve the desired result? Maybe not if some objects are unselectable for some reason, eg on a locked layer.

Something I love about FormZ  is the way objects always copy and paste between files into same location in world space, rather than according to custom work planes or centre of work area, so this makes it possible to create new work in new file, do what you want to do (admittedly without the ghosted references) and paste into original model when ready.

Archived