AutoDesSys

Moving components in v7

AsOne

Is there a reason when I simply move, copy, or delete a component object in a v7 file it has to Update the component?  Why would this be happening? 

It happens to multiple components of mine and takes FOREVER to process.  I though I could move and copy components without having to update the component?  Note:  I'm not moving objects within the component file itself.  I'm not in the edit component mode.

It is a real impediment to using components, however it would be really nice to use them.

Also note that this only happens sometimes.  Not all the time.  It definitely is something that has been around since I started with v7.  Anyone have this issue in v8?

Hi Paul,

The only reason you should get a Component Updated notice is if you are working with Components Unlocked as Dennis and Rob note.  If you find another way to generate this message, please let us know.

And if you do find another way to generate this message, and you are not specifically wanting to change the component (just wanting to change its attributes), you should just check the Apply to All, and Cancel options.

Does this help?

There are some times that if you make move rotate components (with them components locked) I have been asked to up date components. You can hit cancel & apply to all/don't show again and you are OK. It will also happen occasionally if you start the move and try to cancel or key command undo before move is completed.

Would be good if this could be fixed.

Components are currently locked.  I haven't changed that setting in recent memory so I assume they were locked when it happened.

If it happens again I will try the Apply All + Cancel.  Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Archived