AutoDesSys

Undo stops working

DMclean

Any idea why undo suddenly stops working on a model. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, but occasionally I will be working, everything is fine, and I'll accidentally delete something. Then when I hit Command-Z to bring it back nothing happens. When I go to the Edit Menu, Undo, Redo, Redo All and Reset are all greyed out. Working with the model has been fine and I had Comm-Z'd earlier and it was working. Somewhere along the way it just disappears.

Close and reopen and all is well again, except of course I can't get the object I lost back.

Doug

So far the only way I've found to reproduce it consistently is to delete an intricate object that I've created in the last 29 minutes just before the Autosave keeps a copy of it that I could recover... :(    

I'll let you know if it comes up again.

Thanks,

Doug

I've had this occur once or twice as well. I've got zero input on when or why it's happened, other than at some point, seemingly during more complicated models where I've just deleted an object, the undo option is just grayed out. When it happens, it is program wide, in that it loses undos for any and every model that open and new models that are opened after this starts. Restarting the program is the only method to bring back the option to undo.

Hi Gentlemen,

Please send an email to support@formz.com, let us know which operating system you are using, whether you are using the default Unlimited Undos (or how you changed this) and whether you are using the System Scratch Disk (or what other location) -- and we will see what we can do to help...

And if you have any other details or bits of information, please include that as well.

I'll add in that I've had this happen recently as well. It seemed to be with a specific project. When I opened a blank project and opened the old project in the new one, the problem stopped.

It also happened when I had 3D Connection drivers installed. I have since stopped using those drivers and formZ seems more stable with mouse clicks, snaps and the undo problem.  v8 Pro- Mac OSX 10.9.x

I'm using OSX10.9.5, latest version of formZ8... I use the default limited undo's but have scratch disk and Autosave to a SSD that is used for temp files only, not project files, or program files. I do have a 3D Connexions Mouse and a Wacom Tablet installed....

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Gentlemen,

We only received emails from Doug so far (thanks Doug), but one thing that might be in common is Auto Save.  Is everyone having this issue using Auto Save?

Again, if you can send any further details to support@formz.com, we will do our best to help.

Ok, thanks for the feedback.  Rather than clutter up the forum with speculation regarding the issue, if you can send emails to support@formz.com with any observations that you have regarding the issue (especially if you discover a way to reproduce this), that would be great.

And if you send an email, you don't also need to post.  We have been testing this since the initial report, but so far we have not reproduced it even once, but we will keep trying, and any information you can provide (via email) will help direct our testing.

Hi,

I just download the last Formz version and undo doesn't work! never! 

I tried to restart the program but it still doesn't work...

I also checked the autosave and I'm not using it! 

what can I do?

( sorry for my english mistake, it's not my native language )

Hi Zyxic,

If you go to the Edit: Preferences: Scratch Disk and look at the path to the scratch disk location, do you have any characters in the path that are other than standard Roman Numeric characters?  If so, if you set a scratch disk location that only uses these characters, does that help?

And if you are still having any issues, if you get a New Project, draw a Cube, and then go to the Edit Menu, is Unto available, and if so, does choosing that undo the cube?

Archived