AutoDesSys

VRay compatibility with formZ 10

DMclean

It works for me using a Mac.  I just got the update and V-ray.

formZ is continuing to work on V-Ray, so it is all very positive.  You may have to delete autodessys preferences if you are getting licensing weirdness between versions.

Be well,

Yon

• 1 month later...

Hi Jirapong,

I have only ever used V-Ray on an M1 Max machine, so I can't compare it to what came before.  The M1 is fast enough for my production needs.   20 minutes for an architectural image with a bunch of lights, textures, and geometry (furniture and plants).  I'm actually quite happy with the performance, and the quality of the rendering.

GPU rendering would be faster, and most all rendering software is written to optimize for NVIDIA GPUs.  M1 won't run those, even externally. Which is great for me, or I would want an eGPU, instead of more guitars.

:)

Yon

Thanks Yon,

glad to hear that Vray at least runs reasonable on M series.  I am looking to buy the Mac to replace my ten years old trash can.   Mac Studio is what I am looking at, portable work station.  But I probably wait for M3.

V-Ray runs great.  And the way the preview buffer works, filling in detail as it goes, you can see very quickly if you need to stop the process, and move on to a new pass.

The Trash Can was what the M1 replaced for me.  And that old Can can use the eGPU. Never tried. But of course then you are tied into an older world of software, more toys on the desk, and a bunch of other issues.  There is a huge change between the black can, and the Studio. Still, hold out as long as you (trash) can.  There won’t be a huge change between any of the M chips.. incremental increases.  But it always hurts a tad when the next number comes out, and you think that could be me. So the longer you wait, the more ahead you feel.  It is all a mind game after all.