AutoDesSys

VRay not recognizing face textures

rmulley

17 hours ago, rmulley said:

For some reason all of a sudden VRay has stopped recognizing the textures applied to particular surfaces, it will only render the texture applied to the whole object.

Anyone experiencing this ?  Is there a fix ?  Did I turn something off by accident ?

Is this for all objects in the project? Have you checked to make sure there aren't two overlapping objects there? If, for example, 'Keep Operands' is enabled (from the Edit drop down menu), an object and its operand could potentially share much of the same space and cause these discrepancies between the VRay and shaded renderings.

If that's not the case, would you be able to send a file behaving this way to support@formz.com?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been burned by this over the last two days. I really need to read ALL of the forum more regularly. Brandon sent an email suggesting I downgrade to 5.1.3 this afternoon, so that will be my morning task.

David had suggested using the derive faces tool to separate an object with multiple materials into faces with textures. That's rough on the workflow for going back and forth between rendering and continuing to progress a project, but it mostly worked with minimal re-mapping.

We have found that there is an issue in 5.1.4 with V-Ray's ability to render Smooth objects, resulting in faces with incorrect materials. To work around this, the Convert To tool can be used to convert the Smooth object to Faceted. 

image.jpeg.661c4551e11aa42d4c83501d8471087e.jpeg

From there, the object should render normally. It is recommended you save a copy of the file before converting objects in case you need to modify the original Smooth objects.

For any further issues, or if you need a link to 5.1.3, please email us at support@formz.com so we may manage these reports in a more productive manner.

On 10/23/2023 at 5:05 PM, rmulley said:

For some reason all of a sudden VRay has stopped recognizing the textures applied to particular surfaces, it will only render the texture applied to the whole object.

Anyone experiencing this ?  Is there a fix ?  Did I turn something off by accident ?