AutoDesSys

Area Light - FormZ 6.7 (Old Skool)

rmulley

Hey,

Been a while since I've been on here and I'm pretty old skool still using 6.7

I'm working on a project where I need to have pretty much a cube glowing blue but no matter how much I mess around with the settings I just can't get it working properly.

Here's a quick test file I created trying to get the basics right before I applied it to my more complex model.

When I increase the intensity of the blue box it changes it's colour and it's pretty important I keep roughly the same blue - brand colours and all that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Area Light Test.fmz.zip

Hi Richard,

We are not ignoring you, but we do have lots of emails from Family Plan members that we are prioritizing.  We will get back to you as soon as we can.

If you want priority support, make sure to order the Family Plan along with the v8 Upgrade and you will get help before non-family plan members.

Conceptually you probably need to keep the object separate from the light being cast. This will give you more control and you can adjust the color for the object separately from the light; as you have found hue can change with intensity. Using a glow map would be an option in combination with other lights.

Sample file attached shows a couple possibilities; one puts a cone light inside the box, the other still uses an area light (just for one face by way of example - no need to cast light from the bottom and top faces.) Turn off AO+shadow casting/receiving for the box geometry.

There are a number of ways to go about it depending on the actual effect you need to achieve; hopefully this gives some ideas.

Area Light Test 2.fmz.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Archived