AutoDesSys

Layout fonts outlined

AHTOH

Hello everybody.

I am just wondered if anyone found the fix for nasty looking outlined fonts in layout. I always feel shame when my drawings compared ones made in Autocad. I can`t explain clients and colleagues why I still use FormZ for drafts when it has so many limitations and this fonts issue is one of them.

I wrote to Support but it does not look like they are aware of a problem and know how to fix it. I was offered to change line weight to print one. Ind it does not address this.

Best,

Anton.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.00.25.png

Anton

Drafting has never been a form.z strength, especially when you compare it to a true drafting program like Autocad. However, I have on occasion used it for drafting and I find that the font you use is critical to a nice clean look.  I personally like to use City Blueprint for my font which is a little old school but comes across well. 

On 12/12/2019 at 6:29 PM, rmulley said:

Oh I have the same problem and I was apologizing just yesterday to my CNC guy. I feel like I battle Layout evefrytime I have to produce a drawing for production and just when I think I've got it figured out it throws up some weird shit that wants me to throw my laptop out the window!

The only workaround I see to produce more or less viable drawings is:

1. To get your model to layout in a scale (say 1:50)
  2. Save as a Copy as legacy FZ 6.5
  3. Rename a file from .fml to .fmz
  4. Open it with FormZ 6.5 as a model
  5. Get it to a Drafting environment and work in proper made app

Of course if you have old FormZ.