AutoDesSys

Android?

Andre Conlledo

Good idea!  But I also think just having a web app that worked on Chrome would provide the most users with this ability no matter the platform.

Moving away from all things Apple only makes sense for any 3d design professional since they stopped supporting some of their biggest brand champions.  After a dozen years or so of owning all Apple products,  I made the same switch last year. Android Pixel phones on Google Fi are amazing and even got an awesome Android Shield TV.  They compliment my Windows 10 workstation I built and couldn't be happier with.  Windows 10 has probably been the best surprise, as it's so much more MacOS like than the earlier boring and ugly Windows.

Make the jump!  You'll be happy that you did as Apple continues toward stupidity without Jobs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I can't imagine an Android version will ever appear.  It's completely difference coding than iOS/macOS and Windows and updates to main applications on THESE platforms are slow and inconsistent.  At this point, if you really need the viewer, just spend $100 on an old, used iPad from Gazelle or something, you don't need to spend top dollar on it.

Depending on the size of the projects you're planning to work with or show on the iPad, the amount of RAM memory may be something to consider. I did some tests on a 2018 entry-level iPad 6, with 2 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD, and while it works surprisingly well for small residential projects, when they are a bit more complex the scenes don't work and the app crashes if you touch them.

In the following post there is an example of the kind of work in size and complexity I’m referring to (at the bottom of the first page). In this case, the scenes were working fine, which is fantástico!

https://forums.formz.com/topic/7378-when-will-formz-be-ready-for-the-mac-m1-chips/?do=findComment&comment=30475

I guess the problem is due to low RAM, but I don't have a way to check it out. Guessing, I think 4 GB is a reasonable minimum, and an ideal minimum would be 6 GB, or more.

My 2¢