AutoDesSys

how transform multiple objects at once, relatively to their center

3dworks

i remember that this was possible in older versions of FZ but not finding any way to do it in 8.5 - or do i miss something? see this screenshot Untitled1_-_1_2016-09-05_22-33-28.png

if i apply the Tform tool, i just can rotate the selected objects all at once

Untitled1_-_1_2016-09-05_22-40-07.png

the same applies to the edit axes tool. this was how we could do in FZ 6.7:

Remotix_-_Cat_-_Keyboard_grabbed_2016-09

it has already been requested in old forums some time ago, for version 7, if i remember correctly, so please, bring this functionality back asap! it is definitely missing, and i can not use FZ on older hardware efficiently anymore to get this job done. this is just an example, but my whole project has hundreds of these elements to be turned by 45 degrees, so even a macro will not help much here..

markus

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for markus, but you can do it numerically in the info tab of tool options.

Just select all the similar parts and change the Z rotation and they will all change assuming they have their axis' in the same place.

Des

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for markus, but you can do it numerically in the info tab of tool options.

Just select all the similar parts and change the Z rotation and they will all change assuming they have their axis' in the same place.

Des

Hi Des, thanks for your great tip, this seems to solve my problem for now!

ANTOH - thank you too for you tip as well, good  wenn you build something, but all objects are already placed, their rotation need to be edited.

Cheers

Markus

Des

Brilliant Des!

Archived