AutoDesSys

Hidden line (vector) 2d image with color/shading?

-andrew-

Hi,

Is there a way to export a vector image with color and/or shading?

If not, I suppose I could export two images (and try to scale them if they are exported at different scales) but would like to avoid the extra hassle.

Typically, I edit vector in Illustrator, and this would be great if there is a way to do it.

Thanks

Andrew

If you export a PNG and a hiddenline version (in illustrator format) of the same view at the same resolution, they will line up in Illustrator. 

I should add that they won't magically line up, only that they will be the same size and you can move the line drawing over the shaded image manually to see the edges of the geometry. Attached is an example.

post-213-0-64013500-1469133692_thumb.jpg

I interpret this request as a vector version of a shaded view, which would be great as well, but I haven't seen any program do that.

Hi Andrew,

Currently the Export Image: AI command does not support colors -- but we will see if this can be added for the future.   ;)

Actually you can Export Hidden Line with Color if you use Layout mode.

In the Layout Frame, choose the project, set the size, click Options -- and check Show  Color.

Click OK, go to the Display Options, check Show Color -- and then Export DWG.

Now you can Import that into Illustrator and have Hidden Line with Color.

Does that help?

Maybe I got this wrong, but isn`t the question about the surfaces/fills: how to get these into illustrator.

There was a Software that did a pretty good job for a start, even including vector shadows in the export (Sure there was need to clean up in illustrator still),

but unfortunately it seems its one of the "lost features" of FormZ 6 ...  :ph34r:

Archived