AutoDesSys

Dimensions in 3D model disappear

kim

Dear Kim,

If you are moving parts (ie, points or faces) of a previously dimensioned object, then the dimensions for that object should update automatically.  However, if you are doing other operations (such as Reshape) that will create a new object from the existing one, then it is expected that the dimension would disappear. 

If you have a case where you would expect a dimension to be maintained based on this information, please post specific details (and a file if more than creating a simple object is necessary) so we can respond more precisely to your posting.

I wonder if FZ could adopt something similar to Turbocad where dimensions are naturally associative, but if desired, can be exploded - once to break the association, and exploded a second time to break the dimension into its text, and line elements, and again can even be broken down further than that by another explode. Perhaps that isn't possible due to dimensions having special properties where they can be viewed from any direction and with different types of scaling....unless the exploding also converted them into a non-special propertied.

On the topic of dimensions in 3d, has anyone else noticed that the modeling window slows down a lot in shaded work mode with what I wouldn't consider a lot of dimensions on the screen? It's OK in wireframe performance-wise but it starts to chug in shaded.

This also happens, I've noticed, the more objects that have the 'show normals' attribute checked.

I put them on a layer and only turn it on when needed.

Sounds great Support!

Yes, this also happens to me. As a workaround I do groups of dimensions by areas or parts to activate them only partially as needed.

FZ 8.5.0.2

MacBook Pro 15" (Retina, Mid 2012) OSX 10.11

Archived