AutoDesSys

Request. Vectorline to not terminate.

Alan Cooper

Currently, when I am part-way through a multi point vectorline, and I am interrupted, perhaps to check a jpg, pdf, email or webpage, and therefore need to click on another open window on my computer, when I return to the FormZ window, even if only being away a few seconds, clicking starts a new vector line instead of continuing from where I left off. It would be nice if we could resume from where we left off instead.

Hi Alan, you can continue where you left off if you have "join to existing" selected in the vector line tool options. A little plus sign pops up on your cursor as you hover over the end of the incomplete multipoint vector line.

Des

Hi Alan,

Sorry, drawing continuous vector lines can not be maintained if you are changing programs or project windows.  If you need to switch, just create the partial line as a 2d shape, Join as Des suggests, and then Extrude it to be 3d if that is what you ultimately want...

Tech, I know it can't currently be done. I don't know whether this is usual, but certainly I can use any programs I can think of while half way through a polyline in Turbocad. It is nice to be able to do that and perhaps it is an improvement which could be made in the future. It was not a plea for help but a plea to improve the way the program works.

Compare this for example with writing in Word or in an email, You don't expect to have to finish your sentence or close and save to look away to another program briefly. AFAIK not all cores are used for modelling anyway, only for rendering. It should be possible.

Thank you. Not frequently, but if doing a many-segmented vector line it could take a few minutes to complete, and it's nice not to need to search for the end of the last point used in a busy model. Probably totally unrelated, but I found in previous versions sometimes the program would flash out of sight after a save, and I would have to restore it from the Windows 7 task bar. 8.5 seems ok in that respect, and I have auto saves turned off anyway just in case, but I wonder whether there could be some advantages I haven't thought of yet which could also benefit from the FormZ program being more accommodating of other processes happening in the background? I know too little to comment whether it could be related or not, just a feeling I have as a user. 8.5 is behaving with far more stability than has been my experience with earlier versions, a huge relief at last and is becoming the joy to use which I expected when I first became familiar with FormZ's features 2 years ago. I just suggest improvements as I think of them, wanting FormZ, already on a well designed platform of efficiency to be as brilliant and successful as possible. This is one for your list, but not as urgent imho as some others like for example user interface display of dimension as it is created, to avoid zooming in and maybe orbiting a little to check. An official Feature Requests forum-section would be most welcome, for better organisation and to add a like to perhaps rather than waste time with repetiton. We are not always sure whether a previously requested feature might have been forgotten about :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived