AutoDesSys

Same User Interface from 1st to 2nd and 3rd PC

Walter

Hi,

we have just bought 3 new licences of FormZ 8.5 pro. We also got new machines so i have to do a new Installation. All seats have the same Monitor and we would like to have the same Interface (palttes, materials etc.) on the same position.  

At the first machine were i installed Formz i did allready the palettes where the should be and saved a template file and also a preference file.

Now i don't know how to do to get the same Interface right on the other 2 machines. Please help!

regards Walter

PS: what did i do wrong in preferences - when opening forz the tempalte file is loading but even FormZ starts it wants to do a save.

I think you can transfer a copy of the formZ  Preferences.zpf  from the first machine over to each of the other ones. You might like to make and share a template.fmz as well, (to get started on the same footing).

I've not a collection of the materials files, so haven't needed that for a decade. However, just sharing files with wanted materials, might get you ahead. one by one.

Thanks bo for your answer.

Do you know were the "position of palettes" is saved? As first step do i have to load the teplate file and than set the same preference file or is the way another one?

I‘m afriad that i do something wrong and my created template and prefernce file has oversaved or gone.

Greetings Walter

RE: "first step"....

I haven't found order of sequence as an issue....

I just update either one where new options have been adopted.

One odd rule, which i like, is to update  template files only on fresh start of Z.  I am hard on my tools in software and in real life too. So the fresh start makes sure that the blades are sharp as possible, so that the template is well trimmed.

Archived