AutoDesSys

Export to vector including (coloured) faces

TwanaGul

Hi TwanaGul,

Welcome to the forum!

The Shaded Work, Shaded Full, and RenderZone displays are bitmap images, and thus can not be exported as vectors.

Please let us know if you have any further questions, we would be glad to help.  :)

Thanks for the suggestions!

It takes a lot of time to arrange all faces using the Live Paint feature. This approach is great for small / simple geometries.

I hope you can add this feature in the next update :)

For now, I will be using Sketchup's Layout to convert to AI.

Hi Bernd,

Bezier Import is supported via Illustrator format, but Exporting is not.  However, if you Export DWG, you can then open that in Illustrator and maintain Bezier curves...

So this is still the same status as with v7. My tests with DWG were only partially successful. Guys… you're SOOO close to vector export as it should be, time to go the last few meters, isn't it?

I'm currently quite happy with v7 hidden line renderings, less flaws and rendering errors than in v6, and the option to have two different line weights for interior and silhouette lines is also fine and long desired (directly from the modeling window, not from Layout, though). But then the bezier curves remain stuck (more or less) in FZ. DWG is a crutch, not a solution, only working in a few cases, and creating lots of weird shapes sometimes. I really want that bezier export feature. Since 1996. Just in case I missed to let you know ;-)

Bernd

Archived