AutoDesSys

formZ 9.2.4 Win11 crash on opening after install V-Ray 5 or 5.1

worajedt

@Tech I've just bought an upgrade to formZ 9.2.4 on Windows 11. The formZ itself works fine.

So, I went through the 3 steps guide for V-Ray installation. I've found that both 5.0 and 5.1 of the V-Ray made formZ crash after showing the open recent file dialog box.

These are the facts that I went through.

• I've installed the formZ 9.2.4 trial before, never uninstall. I just enter the serial number I've got and it's working fine.
  • I've cleaned the Chaos group folder in AppData and other places + restarted before installing the license server.
  • After I installed the license server, it's working fine with my chaos group user.
  • I've installed V-Ray for formZ 5.1 first, the license server recognized the plugin and said it's in use now.
  • I opened formZ to try, but it crashed after showing the open recent file dialog box.
  • Then I uninstall the 5.1 and install 5.0 again, same crashed.

What should I do next? 

Quick question: Why do we have V-Ray 5.0 and 5.1 to download? I've no clue which one to install with a particular version of formZ.

panic.log file
I've got a bunch of lines like this.
Other files are attached.

failed to rotate: failed to create new symlink: symlink C:\Users\sjedt\AppData\Roaming\Chaos\VRLService\logs\user.log.202311290700 C:\Users\sjedt\AppData\Roaming\Chaos\VRLService\logs\user.log.202311290700_symlink: A required privilege is not held by the client.

vrlsupervisor.log user.log.202311290700 panic.log

I think that a missing symlink (system link) means that Form.Z cannot find the system link pointing to V-Ray.

One thing that you can try safely is to create a path pointing to the file containing the V-Ray executable in the Windows Environment dialogue.

That dialogue can be opened by searching for Environment and running it as administrator. If that doesn't work, contact support.

@santa thank you for your suggestion.

• I've checked permission of the log\ folder, mine is Full Control along with System and Administrators
  • I've tried to use license server version 5.5.5, 6.0.0, and 6.0.1 without successful.
    • So I thought it may not related to the license server since the license manager page shows information properly.
  • I've added paths of these directories to %PATH% 
    • C:\Program Files\Chaos\VRLService
    • C:\Program Files\Chaos\UnifiedLogin
    • C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\VRLService\OLS
    • C:\Program Files\formZ 9\Plugins\V-Ray 5 for formZ

Not sure what to try next... 
:(