AutoDesSys

A couple days attempting installation of Vray...

Bo Atkinson

A couple days attempting installation of Vray, keeps running into sign-in failures and more.

I was ready to give up, and when returning to formZ, some V-Ray palettes were rather surprisingly suddenly installed.

It allowed examination for a short period of time, to click on their assorted palettes in formZ, (but many items were greyed out as I attempted to familiarize myself with them along with formZ's videos).

Worse though is the https://accounts.chaos.com/service_login? page, which from the very first attempt, never let me log in, never, ever. This blocks any attempt to log-in for chaos access.

Google had "About 303,000 results (0.47 seconds) ", for: "all V-Ray for fromZ licenses are in use" ....  Apparently the problem is wasting thousands of hours, of fully-paid-users out there. hmmm

One may appreciate the cost of app development and the need of payments, but the avoidance of spending too much time struggling with the chaos server licensing, may well end this free-trial soon.

Edited by Bo Atkinson

Using just plain Mac OSX 12.6.8, but old 2013 MacPro, (sold as new from Mac last year).

My guess is that one needs a fully paid license of latest hardware-software, for good support... Anything like my 2013 Mac suffers, because OSX has already switched to ARM architecture, and support for 2013 hardware is scant. Microsoft is heading there before we will notice it.

On 8/5/2023 at 6:07 AM, Bo Atkinson said:

A couple days attempting installation of Vray, keeps running into sign-in failures and more.

I was ready to give up, and when returning to formZ, some V-Ray palettes were rather surprisingly suddenly installed.

It allowed examination for a short period of time, to click on their assorted palettes in formZ, (but many items were greyed out as I attempted to familiarize myself with them along with formZ's videos).

Worse though is the https://accounts.chaos.com/service_login? page, which from the very first attempt, never let me log in, never, ever. This blocks any attempt to log-in for chaos access.

Google had "About 303,000 results (0.47 seconds) ", for: "all V-Ray for fromZ licenses are in use" ....  Apparently the problem is wasting thousands of hours, of fully-paid-users out there. hmmm

One may appreciate the cost of app development and the need of payments, but the avoidance of spending too much time struggling with the chaos server licensing, may well end this free-trial soon.

Bo,

Be sure you are using your email address when trying to sign in to the Chaos page rather than the username that you had saved for that site. I know that was giving you issues before. 

When you get the 'all licenses are in use error,' either another machine has the licenses in use or V-Ray cannot connect to the license server. The latter issue is either caused by an interruption in your internet or an outdated license server (which shouldn't be the case since you just set this up). If it is the internet, have you tried checking out the licenses for Offline use like I showed you how to do when we spoke on the phone last?

Allan is right in that you may have some permissions preventing the Chaos license server from writing its config file. You may check your Security and Privacy to make sure it isn't being prevented from making any changes.

If you would like to continue troubleshooting this, please contact support@formz.com.