AutoDesSys

Can I install FormZ in more than 2 desktop computers?

Kimdo

What it is you have to register formZ with your installation codes when installing (actually after the installer runs). If you have two registrations already, it will flag you that it has not been successfully registered. It will run for ten minutes and then warn you to quit. You have to contact support to clear the registrations and then you can register the two machines you want to use. So, it prevents three running installations in practice. It worked this way for a long time and I don't think this has been changed. I don't know about simultaneous running, I never need to do that and I haven't tested it in years.

Thank you for all your sharing.

I have asked Form-Z support for her advice, I need to remove the license from existing workstation first. So I need to send the information like registration code and mac address to Form-Z and swap the license to the new workstation. It works.

One Form-Z license can install in two workstations, but can only use either one.

Mostly correct.

Your license allows you install and run 2 x licenses up to the level of your paid release version non simultaneously and it checks!

In reality !- you have a Serial # and install codes. There can be issues once you have it installed on one computer,  to then separetly install the 2nd license on another computer with an error generally " too may installs" (** similar**). You can try! - but you may have to request a reset of license.

It is best when trying to install on the 2nd computer to try it and on a Mac when asking to Register hold <Option> click and you will get a response code to Register with a code you need to send to operations they auto supply the email and code based on your Serial# - You will get back an email from them that allows the install.

It usually works well.

Rob

Thanks Rob

On 9/9/2022 at 11:34 AM, Smarttec said:

Mostly correct.

Your license allows you install and run 2 x licenses up to the level of your paid release version non simultaneously and it checks!

In reality !- you have a Serial # and install codes. There can be issues once you have it installed on one computer,  to then separetly install the 2nd license on another computer with an error generally " too may installs" (** similar**). You can try! - but you may have to request a reset of license.

It is best when trying to install on the 2nd computer to try it and on a Mac when asking to Register hold <Option> click and you will get a response code to Register with a code you need to send to operations they auto supply the email and code based on your Serial# - You will get back an email from them that allows the install.

It usually works well.

Rob