AutoDesSys

formZ Pro Version 9.0.4.2 (Build A133) - Windows 7 64 Bit - Perpetual License - Auto-Startup Problem

Steve_S

I've been experiencing a consistent, never-ending problem with both formZ Pro 8 & formZ Pro 9 specifically on my Windows 7 system

Every time I boot my system and get to my desktop, formZ automatically launches and opens completely.

I do not have formZ listed as one of my Windows startup applications.

I looked into formZ's preferences panel and could not find any auto-startup options there.

Any other suggestions or information regarding this issue is greatly appreciated.

• 5 months later...

This problem continues to plague my Windows 7 system.

This problem persists with both formZ Pro 8 & formZ Pro 9 specifically on my Windows 7 system

Every time I boot my system and get to my desktop, formZ automatically launches and opens completely.

I do not have formZ listed as one of my Windows startup applications.

I looked into formZ's preferences panel and could not find any auto-startup options there.

Any other suggestions or information regarding this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your response, Justin.

I'm at the very end of using this Windows (7) operating system along with the computer system itself which is not capable of running Windows 10 because it was originally purchased over 10 years ago. I always purchase systems with advanced technologies (well beyond what I assume I'll need) and keep them for about a decade. 

I'm just waiting for all of the technology (that will significantly benefit my business) to upgrade to my current and future needs (i.e. USB 4, Thunderbolt 4, DDR6 RAM, etc.) before purchasing a new system. Let's face it, the 3D environment and video production increasingly require much of a computer's system resources.

And just as an aside, I do have a copy of Windows 10 running (as a virtual machine through Parallels Desktop) on my 2012 iMac which is another computer system that will be happily upgraded to the new Apple silicon (once it is more fully developed) later in 2021 or early 2022. That version of formZ 9 Pro has no issues whatsoever.

Edited by Steve_S

The ultimate question still remains unanswered. What would cause an application to automatically start and completely open at system bootup without any previous setup routine created to initiate that process? I just find that to be extremely odd application behavior. And I'm sure there's most likely a logical (and simple) explanation for it. I just haven't stumbled upon it yet. Perhaps before I purchase a new Windows system, I'll have solved the 'puzzle' unless someone on the forum shares a similar experience.

Edited by Steve_S

Have you tried uninstalling formZ, deleting the preferences, and then re-install?

If it's a such a hindrance on your main machine you could install formZ on your 2012 iMac.  formZ 8 would definitely still work on that.  I assume 9 will as well depending on the OS you're running. 

Thanks for your reply, snow.

Yes, I have performed a complete uninstall and manually removed any files and folders related to formZ 9 Pro within the Windows 7 operating system.

Regarding my iMac, it's out for repair.

And, yes, I also have a copy of formZ 9 Pro running within my macOS (Catalina) system in case the other version running in the virtual machine decides to not perform a certain process as expected.

In the meantime, I'll keep my eye on this strange start-up behavior and see if I can eventually diagnose the problem.